Chapter 1: The Beginning

Seoul Psych Ward, May 20, XXXX

 "How is he doing?"

"Nothing out of the ordinary, Sir."

"Still silent?"

"Won't utter a single word, Sir."

"Health?"

"Eats everything provided, wounds have healed, takes meds without fail when needed, no further breakdowns or attempts at suicide or murder, psychologically and physically stable as of now, Sir."

"Keep your eyes on him no matter what and don't let your guards down. He's not human anymore. Despite his age, he's still dangerous. I want the best team to monitor him. Contact me immediately if something seems off."

"Understood, Kalon-ssi."

"Good. Get back to work."

Three weeks prior in Daegu

"Squad one I need you to give me a read, what the hell is going on!?"

"This is squad one, Sir, there seems to be something unheard of in the middle of all this... He looks like a kid, there's nothing and no one else present!"

"A kid? Have you lost your mind? You're telling me that a child is the one causing all this destruction? We came here searching for a supernatural not a child!"

"Affirmative Sir, there's no doubt that *crackle*--w-wait, stay back-- please don--*line cut*"

"Squad one!? Hey, answer me! Ah, Shit."

The harsh sounds of reality flooded their ears. The S.D.F was suddenly deployed to Daegu due to unforeseen occurrences that have wiped out the whole place. They were given minimal information on the case, but the alarms had blared and those that were able to take cover underground were safe while those that didn't... Well, their chances of survival weren't high. They had arrived believing they were looking for one or more of the recorded supernatural species in their books, but their surroundings were deadly silent upon entering.

At first, everything was going smoothly. No casualties. No deaths. No movement. Buildings were already engulfed in flames when they had arrived, the most damaged place having been burnt to a crisp and splattered with crimson blood. An obvious cavity was formed around the perimeter, but no other clues were left. For a place that was burning to the ground, it was relatively calm. That is, until someone had the brilliant idea to go after a moving entity on their own without reporting it.

The number of people they had brought along was slowly diminishing all because they were being reckless in their moves. No one has had a clear look at whoever or whatever was the cause of this and as far as they knew, the only things capable of such destruction were high level demons or the mythical spirits written about in old scriptures.

"This is Min Yoongi, part of Officer Park Jimin's squad, I've caught sight of the culprit. Our group got separated, I don't know where the leader is, permission to proceed while armed?"

The crackle in his ear made him wince. His eyes were trained on the body leaning against a tree, watching it flee again as his ears picked up the whistle of arrows.

"Permission granted. Be careful, we've already lost too many."

"Sure, no problem, Sir."

Yoongi grabbed a hold of the familiar bow, placing a hand on the quiver on his side as he ran after the person he had seen seconds ago.

Where are you, ya brat? I just wanna go home.

As if his pleads were heard, the person he was looking for appeared. He smiled and readied his bow. Practiced moves lead to a steady aim and the unmoving target made it easier. At the distance he was in, there's no way he'd miss.