Chapter 55: That's Us

Have you ever had that feeling where everything suddenly looks so much more... Colorful? 

Like, if somehow, somewhere along the way, a pane of tinted glass was placed over your eyes, making everything appear as if it had a filter.

Everything looked... Warm. Soft. Gentle. Almost like a dream; something you don't want to get away from.

It's peaceful.

Like a single drop of water plopping into a puddle, creating a small ripple.

This is the only way I can describe the way everything seems and feels for me right now.

Gold threads danced in the serene wind, honey glowed in the delicate light, and galaxies bloomed in the mesmerizing orbs. It was breathtaking. Ethereal.

I could stare at him forever and never get tired of it.

It was all surreal.

"Tell me, why do I always catch you staring at me?"

I still don't know what his voice is. Is it baritone? Bass? Or is it more like velvet? Rich, almost like silver. Pleasant to the ears, calming to the soul, strong yet soft. Almost the opposite of its bearer.

"Hey, come on... Stop staring. Did you have fun?"

Those naturally rosy bows that tug up in a timid beam. They look silky, smooth, and soft. Their taste is probably even more irresistible.

"Jung-Jungkook-Hyung?"

It's still a mystery to me. To appear so delicate yet be thought of as savage and perilous.

"Pfft- Haha!"

"Hey~ Why are you laughing!"

He couldn't help but laugh. If only they knew his true nature.

I wonder what everyone would think if they found out that their most dangerous asset is actually an eighteen-year-old boy with the occasional headspace of someone at least ten or five years younger and almost as innocent as a newborn. If they knew he loved books and music. If they knew he could understand and speak more languages than they could ever count.

If only they knew. But he doesn't want them to know.

"You know, you look really silly right now Jungkook-Hyung."

I want to be the only one who knows who he really is.

"Really? I wonder why that is."

He giggled, bringing a hand up to his lips, "You're funny!"

"And you're charming."

The shift of the tone on his tan cheeks made him grin. Jungkook had long ignored their surroundings, letting the picture-perfect scenery of the lit-up bridge and shimmering river blend into the background. He wants to call him his. His heart's been singing for months, teetering on the edge.

Is it too soon?

There's no way Taehyung already figured out his feelings, right?

Besides, is the age gap going to be an issue? He's eighteen and I'm twenty-one, it's only three years, but would others think of it in a different way? That shouldn't matter though, it's our choice and last time I checked, the age of consent is sixteen so, technically, we're safe.

"H-Hey, um, Jungkook-Hyung?"

"What is it? Is something wrong?"

"I, um, I want to tell you something..."