Chapter 38: Back to Square One

Jin whipped out his cell phone and called his team of workers from the ward to come pick up both the blond and injured woman. He was fuming with anger at the way things had escalated and the fact that a team of trained soldiers were frozen in fear and panic despite having been in previous more life-threatening situations was enough to summarize how troubling this event was.

"Get her treated, place her in a VIP room in the hospital. Take him to the ward. I expect him in one of the cells by this morning, take him to his old one if it makes you feel better. I want him chained, treated, and on sedatives when he shows signs of waking. No visitors allowed and I want no other doctors or nurses to monitor him unless I'm consulted beforehand. I am his guardian and personal doctor, if I find out that he was tampered with, I'll personally make your lives a living hell. Leave."

"Yes, Sir!"

"Wait, Jin-Hyung, you're seriously not gonna let us visit?"

"And you're gonna put him in his old room? What if he gets scared again?"

"Jin, you know he doesn't do well on his own."

Everyone was trying to reason with the older, trying to make him drop at least the no visitor rule but Jin remained stubborn. He's given in to their requests one too many times and they've been nothing but trouble. This is going to be his turf, so they're going to abide by his rules whether they like it or not.

"My words are final. All of you thought this was a good idea and look at what happened when I decided to trust you guys and that damned girl!"

Everyone looked away at his words, feeling distressed and guilty; especially Jungkook. The young man hasn't stopped trembling since the earlier happenings. Nearly witnessing the young blond killing someone and enjoying it was something he never thought he'd see, but he needs to remember that that person wasn't Taehyung. It wasn't his Taehyung, his Goldilocks.

It was the Spirit. Someone he didn't know.

A young girl with short, black hair covered by a bucket hat and a blinding smile ran up to them, grabbing everyone's attention as she saluted, "Sir Jin! We've finished transporting them to the ward and hospital. Khione-ssi has been placed in a hospital room under Doctor Hyung-Won while Taehyung-ssi was placed in cell ninety-five again."

Jin managed to give her a small smile, thanking her for the update, "Thank you Rebbeca, can you keep an eye on Taehyung for me? He trusts you more than anyone else. Let me know when he wakes up, alright?"

The girl, now known as Rebbeca, nodded, her smile never fading as she dug her hands into her overalls, "You can count on me Sir Jin, but can you please just call me Becky? It's a lot easier to say and it's shorter too, you know?"

Jin smiled, nodding and patting her on the back as a signal for her to get going.

"Jin-Hyung, who was that? I've never seen her before."

He turned to look at the chestnut-haired man, eyebrows furrowing at his sudden curiosity. "Her name's Rebbeca, she's part of my medical team. You probably haven't seen her around because you hardly ever visit the ward and hospital. She's the supernatural that treated Jimin, Yoongi, and Taehyung. Why?"

Hoseok blushed slightly, covering it up with his hand, "N-No reason, I was just curious that's all."

Jin and everyone else looked at him with doubtful eyes, only making him grow a brighter shade of red. Yoongi rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, "You like her, don't you?"

"W-What? No~ We just met- Actually, we don't even know each other so that's not possible. Nu-uh, impossible!" He emphasized his words by making an 'X' with his arms, but everyone could tell that Hoseok was interested in the short-haired girl. While Yoongi, Jimin, and Namjoon were busy interrogating Hoseok, Jungkook took this opportunity to talk to Jin.