Chapter 46: One Week

The next morning, Jungkook had to wake up Taehyung for the first time since their contract as Officer and partner had been accepted. He never thought the boy would ever sleep in so much, it's nearly late afternoon. Sure, people like sleeping in on their days off, but he's never stayed in bed for so long. It was almost worrisome, but he was able to determine that he wasn't sick, so he can only guess that Taehyung was tired. Jungkook sat on the bed, feeling bad for having to wake the blond.

"Taehyung?" His hands gently shook the boy's shoulder, "The guys are coming over soon, you need to wake up now."

The bushy brows furrowed, nose crinkling as the boy groaned, rolling over so his back was turned to the older.

"You can't stay asleep forever. We need to talk."

"'Bout what?" Mumbled the sleeping boy.

Jungkook chuckled, playing with the strands of hair on the back of Taehyung's neck, "Something happened yesterday. Spirit-ssi thinks that someone was following us. I want to ask the others for help, that includes you."

Taehyung sat up, bed hair framing his sleep-laced face as he stretched and yawned. He turned his head, staring at Jungkook for a while before realizing the man was sitting very close to him. It took seconds for the blond to crawl over to the opposite side of the bed, blanket still in his hold as he bashfully looked away.

"I-I'll change so, ca-can you leave? I won-won't take long, prom-promise."

Jungkook hid his smile, standing up and walking towards the door, ruffling the blond locks on the way, "I'll come find you once they're here."

Jungkook's surprised. He mentioned the fact that they were being followed by someone and the Spirit made no appearance. Yesterday, he was hung up on the idea that no one was supposed to find out about them being tailed, so when he mentioned it to Taehyung and even said that he was going to tell the others, he thought Vil would pop up and get angry.

Pushing that fact to the back of his head, the man went back to the living room, checking his phone and making sure that everything looked decent. It wouldn't be the first time that the others would come over, but being presentable doesn't hurt, especially when it's about serious matters. He can't really talk though; he's wearing sweats with a simple hoodie and his hair isn't even styled.

"Jung-Jungkook-ssi?"

"Hm?"

He turned to the newly dressed blond boy, trying really hard not to stare. Taehyung in comfy clothes was definitely something else.

"Jungkook-ssi, the do-door... They're knocking."

"Oh, right, I'll get it, sit down." Jungkook jumped to his feet, rushing to open the door.

"About time, I thought my hand was about to start bleeding from knocking so much."

"Shut it, Park, I'll close the door and let you keep knocking if you want."

Jimin rolled his eyes, striding into the house, the others following suit. Jungkook didn't bother commenting anything and closed the door, following them into the living room. They all settled down, leaving Jungkook to perch on the sofa's armrest. It was relatively silent. They had all greeted the young blond, but shortly after that, they all went quiet. Receiving an invitation from Jungkook was rare. The last time they received a call from the man, Taehyung ended up in the ward, but things seem to be normal this time around.

"So, what are we here for?"

"Yeah, you even told us to bring Khione along, I thought you guys were in an argument of sorts."