Chapter 12: Explanations

They all sat down on opposite sides of each other in the living room with Yoongi and Jimin on one side and Jungkook and Taehyung on another. Yoongi and Jimin stared intently at Jungkook, waiting for him to start explaining why they didn't show up to work after knowing that a Spirit is roaming the streets of South Korea freely and it didn't even trigger the alarms.

"Where do I start?" Jungkook sighed as he warily rubbed the nape of his neck, tone a lot duller that his usual snappy tongue.

"Why didn't you show up at work? You could've at least called in to let us know."

"Well..." Jungkook trailed off as he thought of how he could explain everything without sounding crazy. Actually, forget the sounding crazy part, they're gonna skin him alive when they find out that he purposely bad-mouthed the little blond boy. Taehyung saw how Jungkook was having trouble and normally he'd try not to butt in, but it was painful to see so he decided to just come out and bluntly tell them what happened.

"He was sho-shot by Yod Be-Bet."

Silence struck as they stared wide-eyed at the youngest of the group. Jungkook was shocked that the boy could so casually say something like that and the other two were stunned at the fact that Taehyung actually spoke up and mentioned his other half's ability in front of Jungkook.

"Yod Bet? One of your- I mean, one of his weapons?"

Taehyung nodded at his Hyung's question.

"How? No one has ever seen him use them, and he hardly ever shows... What did he do?"

Jungkook glanced over at the blond, wanting to explain what went down but Taehyung took a small breath in, avoiding the waiting eyes. Jungkook will only make things worse. If he talks, then Jimin and Yoongi will listen until he's done, but if Jungkook talks, there's no doubt they won't let him finish. He has to be the one to tell them.

"He upset him. I disobey- disobeyed him and... We ha-had an argue-argument of sorts, I didn't feel we-well an-and... and asked for he-help so he to-took over, but he di-didn't take wha-what hap-happened well and used the wea-weapon... Huff, mn..."

The younger paused, frustrated at his form of speech. Maybe he should have let Jungkook tell them what happened after all. He struggled for a while, wanting to speak but finding it hard to form the words. They were so clear in his thoughts, in his mind, but why couldn't he just speak them? He hated this.

Jimin placed his hand over the boy's fists, smiling gently, "It's okay, take your time. You can do it. Just like we practiced, remember?"

The blond nodded, letting his frustration diminish a bit. He thought of what he wanted to say, starting to formulate the words bit by bit, "Hy-Hyung... h-he knows what h-hap-happened the d-day of the inci-incident and he... He knows what I went thr-through in the lab, he saw.. He saw it with his ow-own eyes and... H-He's learned his les-lesson. He apologi-gized too so plea-please don't be s-so... So mean to him."

Yoongi and Jimin looked at each other, mouth agape as they glanced back at Jungkook who hung his head low in shame before looking back at Taehyung. Jungkook was waiting for something to be thrown at him, maybe he'd get a stab wound or something, but when nothing came hurling at him, Jungkook peeked up to find a stern Jimin staring daggers at him. Tensing and looking back down, Jungkook couldn't believe he was cowering over a simple glare and though he's one of the top-ranked newbies, he's well aware that Jimin and Yoongi can hand his ass to him.

"U-Um.. I really am.. I really am sorry," he muttered, raising his gaze. "I'll try not to be so insensitive in the future."

Jimin grunted, rolling his eyes and huffing, "Fine, but that doesn't mean we're best friends or anything like that."

Unordinary: Two Worlds Collideजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें