Chapter 34: Let's Make a Deal

The building was bustling with people running about, all from different floors and positions. As the squadrons entered, paths were cleared, and some stopped to momentarily stare at the apprehended culprit. Some noticed her strange attire first, others noticed her unusual hair color and complexion, but none of them attempted to speak or interact with her. Even if they wanted to, it'd be impossible to do so with all the guards surrounding her, so all they could do was stare and leave.

"I'm going to inform the head of our arrival; I'll request a room for questioning too."

"Jimin-ssi, let me come with you."

Jimin looked over at the blond and rose a brow. Something was off.

"Tae, stay with Jungkook, I won't take long."

The blond walked up to the Officer, posture unflawed as he insisted, "I want to go. There's something I want to ask Kalon-ssi."

Jimin finally understood what was setting him off. Taehyung's stutter was gone. The past few weeks have been calm so this side of the younger remained dormant and there hasn't been a trigger, so why did it show up now?

No way... Is it because of the person they brought in? In that case... "We really need to give you a name," sighed the silver-haired male as he shook his head and motioned for the blond to follow.

They boarded the elevator with Jimin pressing the first button and Taehyung smiling in triumph, finding the Officer's comment funny, "I highly doubt any of you could name me. I don't answer to the name originally given to me, bold of you to assume I'd answer to a name given to me by a group that kills my kind and every species in general."

Jimin remained unfazed at the boy's comment about their work, but what caught his attention was the mention of his name.

"You said you didn't have a name, now you're saying you do but don't like it?"

"I have no name," Taehyung quickly responded, semi-glaring at the other. Fortunately, the ding of the elevator and the opening of the metal doors saved both men from a possible argument. Jimin led them to an office at the end of the long hall with a label that read "Head of S.D.F" hung on it. Inside sat Kalon, a moderate smile on his face as he welcomed both workers in, asking them to take a seat. Taehyung remained quiet as Jimin explained their findings to their boss, waiting for the time when the questioning room was brought into the conversation.

"So, seeing as how our groups found and apprehended the subject, I find it appropriate for us to take care of the interrogation. After the interrogation, we can keep it in the ward under tight surveillance in solitary confinement an-"

"Actually, Kalon-ssi."

Both looked over at the young boy that had remained silent until now. Jimin was basically fuming at the fact that he was cut off while the boss was looking at him skeptically, waiting for him to continue.

"I wanted to request that you allow my Officer and me to keep it at our place."

If either of the men were drinking water, they would have choked or spit it out, or both. Jimin's eyes nearly popped out of their sockets and even Kalon lost his composure while Taehyung merely sat back and waited patiently for them to calm down. Of course, he was questioned heavily by both men, especially Kalon. The young boy still wasn't fully trusted by everyone, he has brought great chaos to South Korea in the past and making him part of the police force was only allowed because it was the only way for Jungkook to join. The boy asking for such a thing to happen was questionable.

"I know my past actions make you wary, but I assure you that Jungkook-ssi and I are capable of keeping the suspect in-check. We are a part of the top squad, you can expect the best from us, Sir. Please, grant me this small request," Taehyung stared at the man with pleading eyes while Jimin wiped his sweaty palms on his uniform pants. The two held their gazes for as long as possible, it was so stiff inside the room that the air felt like it wasn't breathable. With a long sigh, Kalon gave in, "I will allow you to house the subject."