Chapter 20: Too Easy

"Aw, come on! Ya' survived? How boring."

Taehyung heard that disappointed whine and when he finally regained the feeling in his body, he stared wide eyed at the people standing inches away from him. The blond watched as the Spirit slowly advanced towards the men, an irritated glint in its eyes.

"Here I thought I was finally going to get my friend's present and have some fun. Guess not."

"You shouldn't underestimate me," Yoongi rasped as he clicked the object he'd been holding on to this whole time. His body was being swallowed by hues of black and green, worrying Taehyung who only sighed in relief when Yoongi was visible again.

Smirking and chuckling once he had the familiar bow in his hand, the read-head cracked some bones, "I'm just getting started, bastard."

The Spirit clapped and wriggled in excitement, fawning over Yoongi's new form. "Wonderful, absolutely wonderful! It's out, the killer's out!"

It yelled out praises at seeing the two horns poking out of Yoongi's bangs, eyes glittering with stars. This is exactly what the brother looked like in the images he had seen, but this one, this one was harder to break.

"Honestly, you really think I'd let you kill off my weap- I mean, my partner? You're real dumb for a high ranked supernatural," mocked Jungkook, wanting some attention as well because, after all, he was the one that cut through that sorry excuse of an ending attack.

The Spirit stopped flattering Yoongi, gaze shifting to the man who had called him stupid and with a large grin, it hopped over to Jungkook, doing what he had done with Yoongi.

"Oh wow, I'm real lucky today! I've got two humans and my friend's present, this is great!"

Jungkook glared at the Spirit when he heard it refer to Taehyungs as 'his friend's present' because no, idiot, Taehyung wasn't anyone's present, he was his partner.

"Taehyung," he called, staring down the Spirit so as not to give it a moment of distraction that could be used against him.

"Y-Yes!"

"Get out of here, find the others and run."

Taehyung felt his stomach drop as he glanced at both Yoongi and Jungkook, trying to ignore the burning gaze from the man in the tall hat.

"But.. I-I can't just g-go, what.. what about you?"

The blond didn't want to. He didn't want to leave both of them behind, but one glance from Jungkook and the boy nodded. As he stood on wobbly feet, Taehyung felt something land over his shoulders. A jacket. Taehyung stared up at the man with beautiful blue eyes, a small warmth spreading over his tummy. Jungkook had given him his jacket. The man had glanced at Taehyung earlier, eyes staying on the blond's exposed arm as he took in the patterned marks. His eyes didn't linger for long and instead, he took off his uniform coat, threw it at Taehyung, and his gaze shifted to Yoongi.

"Taehyung-ah, do as Jungkook said. Find the golden doors on the second floor. Everyone is there. Go on."

The blond nodded, slipping his hands into the big jacket, beginning to run toward the stairs on the opposite side of the three men, coat trailing behind him.

"Hey~! No fair, ya' can't run away like that," whined the Spirit, pouting childishly when Jungkook blocked his way when he had attempted to go after Taehyung.

"Yeah, no, he's mine, so paws off psycho."

The Spirit grunted, turning around only to be met with Yoongi slowly advancing towards him, fangs on display and eyes a terrifying green swallowed by pitch black, "I won't let you get away this time, Mad Hatter. It's two against one now."