Chapter 6: Rumors

"Hey, isn't that him?"

"That's the half-breed."

"Disgusting."

"Who let him out?"

"You think he'll try and kill us too?"

"Did you seem him during practice? He can't even shoot a gun properly."

"I heard someone tried giving him purified water during lunch break..."

"Guess it didn't work; is he immune?"

All sorts of rumors and gossip have been spread throughout headquarters about the newbie supernatural in squad one. One would think that after ten years, most people wouldn't remember that painful incident associated with the young man, but they still do. Vividly. Taehyung would often find himself being pushed around, his desk and belongings were messed with; some of his work has even gone missing completely! They've tried to drug his food or drinks whenever he wasn't paying attention and Jin had to be called in once after he nearly lost his ability to breath after drinking sweetened, thanks to the poison, water. In short, he was being bullied.

"Oi! Half-breed! I see your master isn't around, are ya' lost?"

"Oops, I didn't see you there, you didn't scratch the floor, did you?"

"Stop it guys, can't you see the halfie wants to cry?"

When he wasn't with Jungkook, he'd be picked on even more. Majority of the time the verbal abuse happened when the Officer wasn't around, but he can't do anything against the great number of tyrants. If he did something that would be considered 'hurtful' to anyone, he's sure that they'd take him back to the ward without investigating further or kill him via the collar. He tried getting along with some of the workers despite his shy character, but it was all in vain, they only saw him as a monster. Of course, there were people who were aware of what was going on, but they did nothing to try and prevent it. Very few actually tried stepping in, Yoongi and Jimin being two of the ones that stood up for Taehyung. They stepped in whenever they could, but two people weren't going to the stop the teasing even if they are top rankers. Even Jungkook didn't do anything to help, but then again, why would he? Jungkook wasn't much different from the ones who shunned the boy. He only called him when he needed something.

"Hey lapdog, where's your owner? Did he finally get tired of you?"

"You're quite small for a supernatural, aren't you? And a scaredy cat too!"

"Guys, you think he's actually a dude? Ain't he too tiny and pretty?"

"Oi, Ban, why don't we try teaching him some self-defense? Maybe a few experiences will help him understand where he's supposed to be."

At this point, Taehyung was on the verge of tears. He couldn't handle the way he was being treated and for a while, he began to think that maybe he should've just stayed in his cell and never left the ward. It's only been about four weeks and he already feels like quitting. The brightness of the outside world is a million times worse than the lighting of his old cell; his eyes couldn't help but water every so often. He actually had people to play with at the ward, Seok-Jin's medical team was actually nice to him, especially Becky. It's a given that compared to what he went through in those experiments, this wasn't much but it still took a toll on him. It's not easy to get used to. No one would stand up for him. Even he himself couldn't do it, so what made him think that anyone else would?

"That's enough Ban-Ryu. Leave him be."

Or maybe there was someone.

"Don't make him get even more fired up, he may be cheerful but not when you get on his bad side. Now go. We'll be reporting this to Miran and Hyuna, by the way."