Chapter 36: Pointing Fingers

The hours ticked by, their working hours had finished and Taehyung wasn't able to talk to Jungkook at all. Every time he tried, he was interrupted by something or someone so he eventually gave up. When they had gone to the ward, Jin granted Jungkook permission to bring Khione into the training rooms, and everyone was made aware of the arrangement Jungkook, Taehyung and the Spirit had made earlier in the morning. The talk was calm at first, but not everyone was okay with the idea, more specifically, Jin.

"I understand that you want to get to know the guy- thing- whatever he is, but we don't know if there are any side effects to having him take over for an extended period of time, and not only that, he doesn't like Khione! His intentions still aren't clear enough, it's risky!"

Jungkook sighed and rolled his eyes for the thousandth time that day. Everyone's patience was thinning as time clicked by.

"Jin-Hyung, please, Taehyung himself agreed to the idea and this is the only way we can befriend him properly," explained the young man once again, midnight eyes pleading the doctor to comply.

He was stubborn.

"But the risks, what if something happens? If anything goes wrong, we'll be blamed and he'll be locked up in his cell again!"

Jungkook's eyes softened, but he wasn't going to back down. "If you're worried about the risks of him taking over for a long time then we can ask the Goddess, she knows more about him and the whole situation than any of us and if something goes wrong, I'll take full responsibility for it."

Jin shifted his gaze to the lady standing near the corner of his office, waiting for what she had to say about the matter. The white-haired woman smiled softly, padding over to Jin and taking his hands into her own smaller and much colder ones.

"Nothing will go wrong if he prolongs his control of the body. Rest assured that he'll do no harm to the young boy, he knows he's only borrowing the body. I believe he can control his emotions for the duration of your training," she assured the younger, in her age system, as her warm aura worked to relax the previously tense man.

Jin nodded, releasing his hands from her cold yet pleasant hold. "Alright. We should head to the training ground then; our time has been cut short so be glad that I won't work you till death."

In the dome, Jimin and Yoongi made sure to lock their room so no one except them would be able to access it. If anyone else found out that Taehyung was a Spirit, then there's no doubt he'd be locked up and experimented on again and that's something no one wants. In the locker rooms, Jin orders them to change out of their uniforms, short and curt because he really isn't in the mood. To appease the man, they all collectively yelled out their responses as Jin lead Khione out onto the main floor where they waited for the guys to come out. Neither of them spoke. The atmosphere wasn't awkward or anything of the sort, they just didn't want to talk. Five minutes later and the others began piling into the room one after the other, the last one being Taehyung, surprisingly. Jin didn't question it, but he didn't overlook it either.

His eyes were trained on the blond before he looked away and cleared his throat, "Ahem, I'm in no mood to monitor you guys so I'll make it easy. Spar with each other after warming up or work on your own, I don't care. Work on your control and output of power, especially those of you using the specialized demon weapons."

He eyed the leaders of squad one and two, not missing how they straightened up, "I know you were able to pass the compatibility test, but you mustn't forget that what you're using is still considered a demon. Regardless of your current relationship with them, they will take over the second your guards drop or the second you're no longer capable of exerting and using their powers, so toughen up as much as possible or you may just lose your lives. Jungkook, this applies to you specifically, two months isn't enough so work on your endurance."