Chapter 52: Synchronicity

Jin and Jungkook were starting to feel restless. Taehyung had suddenly gone limp, body slumping forward, nearly slamming into the dirt floor, it scared Jin half-to-death. Khione had assured them that it was normal and told them to let him be after they managed to keep him propped up. They can't move him too much or else he'll end up having to start all over again.

"How long does this usually take?"

"It's only a matter of convincing Vil. If the other tries failed it was because both Taehyung-ssi and Vil weren't on the same page, they have to mutually agree to their conditions or else it won't work."

Jungkook looked back at the blond, not looking away as he asked, "And how do we know whether or not it worked?"

Khione smiled, bringing a finger to her lips, "You'll have to wait and see."

That didn't help ease his restlessness.

Time was ticking within the colorful landscape inside the blond's headspace and the tension was growing.

"What are you trying to gain from this little lamb? All you've been saying is that you have to do this because your so-called friends keep insisting and I should do this because you and I share a body so it's only fair if we have simultaneous control, but the truth of the matter is that you hate violence, you can't stand the idea of killing, much less witnessing others die; are you not happy with how things are now?"

"I... No, my- my friends nee-need my help!"

"I could keep you safe, they are all afraid of me, we don't need to share control. Worst case scenario: We freeze in mid-fight and possibly die, or you risk the lives of your so-called friends. You can't deal with battlefields, little lamb, give up."

"No, I- I can't, I won't, no-not yet..."

He isn't wrong, he can't stand any of that. The idea of having to hurt someone or having to see someone die makes him want to throw up, but in order to help the others, he has to do this. It's not just for them, it's for himself too.

"I know I don't li-like any of that but- but I don't want... I don't want to be a burden to the others," he responded, failing to look the other man in the eyes. "Y-You can help me; I know you can so... so why don't you? I-It won't bring you dow-down, I can help! We... We can't keep doing this, I nee-need your help."

The man swept his purple-tipped bangs aside, looking down at the small boy, "Why would I help you? I can take care of everything for you, why would we try something that failed thousands of times? Peer pressure is never good, Goldie."

"No, that's not... that's not w-what I meant! Don't you under-understand? You know better than.. better than any-anyone else what I feel and what I think so... so why won-won't you comply!?"

"Oh my," he chimed, pretending to look at the black sleeves forming a triangle on the back of his hands, tip tying around his middle fingers, "Your time is ticking Goldie~ I am very tempted to kick you out."

"Y-You can't do that! I just fou-found you, it's not fair!"

Taehyung was agitated, he's been arguing with who he can now confidently say is the King that shares his body but he's been perfectly evading his claims. He's countered each and every one of his statements, always going back to the fact that Taehyung is a coward that can't fight on his own because he's afraid of death and violence. All this time he's had to rely on a stranger's powers to help him fight and do his job. He's been relying on a stranger's powers to keep his nightmares and terrifying memories at bay. He's been relying on his friends to protect him. On Jimin, on Jin, on Yoongi, on Namjoon, on Hoseok, and on Jungkook. He can't do anything on his own, he's well aware of this, but that's what he's trying to change.