Chapter 50: Only Then

The room was suffocating after Vil had finished the story. His nervousness was now obvious despite the way he properly carried himself and when Jungkook held his hand, he allowed him, placing his own hand over their clutched ones. This time, Vil didn't pull away or yell at Jungkook for holding his hand. Instead, he relished the feeling, ignoring the small part of him that wanted to push him away.

From within the connection, Taehyung had reassured him that everything was going to work out the second he had finished talking. The blond didn't sound as surprised as Jungkook had when he first heard his story. Taehyung was calm. Despite only knowing the superficial events without details up to a few minutes ago, now that he had everything, the young boy wasn't creating a fuss. When it came to the others, it was the complete opposite. Even though it took them all a while, it seems that the group of men tend to focus on the not-so-important parts first before actually piecing everything together and getting the whole picture.

"Wait, so you're telling me- Us- that you're actually royalty?"

"You were a King?!"

"Holy shit we literally treated a King like trash... Are we gonna die now?"

"Can we get back on track? We literally just found out about the Spirit, and we can be even more sure that we're in some deep shit right now."

"Yoongi's right, ignore the fact that the asshole's actually a King for now. Joon, text Jin ASAP, we've gotta talk this over with him as soon as we can. Everyone else, breathe, we can't get too excited here."

Stopping their little panic party, the guys straightened themselves out, listening to Jimin and pleasing Yoongi. The feline-eyed man turned to look at the newly introduced Spirit. He isn't going to apologize for everything they've done, he still doesn't fully trust the guy, but he's willing to put up with him until they find a way to fix everything. He does feel bad for him, but he believes their actions were warranted at the time. The truce is only for Taehyung's sake and nothing more.

"Look, I won't say things are patched up between us, but I'm willing to put up with your ass until all of this is done and over with so I'll call a truce," admitted the maroon-haired man, firm in his way of speaking.

Vil simply bowed his head, giving a tight-lipped smile, "That is certainly better than being treated like a nuisance, I shall call this a truce then, Min Yoongi."

The man nodded, glancing at the clock on the wall, seeing that their thirty-minute break is close to its end and sighing, "We have to get back to work, we'll discuss things later, this is a good reason to postpone training anyway so let's go."

Jungkook nodded as the rest began to stand and stretch.

"Okay, Vil, would you mind bringing Taehyung back?"

"Of course. I have no other choice, anyway."

Jungkook was tempted to smack him but decided against it. He'll get all his repressed anger out when the King is back in his body, that way he won't hurt Taehyung. You'd think that after he was able to get all this off his chest, he'd be nicer and less of a snotty rich prick, but apparently that's a feature that won't go away. 

When Jungkook looked at the blond again, the young boy's honey eyes were already trained on him and Jungkook stared for longer than he should've. Taehyung didn't seem to mind as much this time, though. After all, he also held the man's gaze, almost as if he were looking for something. He wasn't sure what he was looking for, but he kept searching. Both had stopped their unusual staring contest when the door had clicked open, peeling their eyes away from each other only to steal a few glances again.