36

"Mind if I post this?"

I smiled. "Hmm, ayos lang," wika ko habang tinitingnan kung ano ang ginagawa ni Amara sa screen ng phone niya. She's picking pictures that we've taken nicely, great angle and lowkey images. Then she typed a caption that made me smile.

Happy birthday to my woman 😜

I let out a small laugh. "Belated."

"Yeah, but that sounds so bad of me to greet you late."

"Pero late naman talaga."

Ngumiwi siya. "Oo nga. Alright, then. Dagdagan ko na lang." Then she added the word belated on her caption that made me shook my head. Ang dali lang niyang kausap, ah. Nagpatuloy na lang ako sa pagkain ng chips na kanina ko pa hawak.

We're currently sitting on a bench, sa park. We just finished wandering around the mall and we played some games, we also took pictures of us. Nang mapagod kami ay bumili na kami ng snacks at lumipat dito sa park para magpahinga. It's already nine in the morning and my class starts at ten. Paalis na rin naman na kami.

"Vlianca and George has not greet me yet," sabi ko, tunog nagtatampo. Napabaling naman siya sa akin at bahagyang kumunot ang noo.

"They hasn't? Hindi yata nila alam ang birthday mo."

"Wow, hindi mo sinabi?"

"Do I have? I mean, sorry. They didn't ask me. And we're too preoccupied about the charity —"

"Hush, so defensive. And charity, huh?"

"Yeah, why?"

Nagkibit balikat ako. "Nagbabalik loob?" makahulugan kong sabi. "Are you already making everything right? You told me that."

Tumango naman siya. "Yep, inaayos ko na. I also confessed about my sin to Him, repenting. I am cleaning my hands and I am getting better each day."

I genuinely smiled. "That's great, Amara. How about the Vallentino's? What are their says? Angal?"

"Actually, they are so fine with it," aniya. "We're starting to clean our very own name by helping through charities, organization, and many more others."

"What are your plans now? Will you continue the business you guys has used to?" It's a good news that they are restarting. I feel like a goddess because I got to change Amara's mind and life. She is making everything right for me, for everyone.

"Nah, cancel. We have many business that are not illegal, though."

Mas lumapad ang ngiti ko. "Thank you, babe."

"For?"

"For being so good."

"Nah, I should be the one thankful. So, Nirene, thank you. You've got the power to change the Vallentino's doings."

"Grabe, para namang ang special ko. That's not really because of me. That's your choice — to change and make everything right, restarting to the good ones. That is so refreshing, isn't it?"

Tumango-tango naman siya. "Refreshing, indeed. Nothing haunts me anymore. Especially now that I am already with you."

"So happy for you."

Nagpalipas muna kami ng oras doon sa park. Tumayo naman ako at napangiwi dahil biglang sumakit ang tiyan ko. Mukhang nasobrahan ako ng kain. Lalo na at nagchips at softdrinks ako. "You fine?"

I snorted. "I am not, actually. Natatae ako."

"Tara sa restroom?"

Tumango ako sa suhestiyon niya. We asked someone about where the restroom is. Pumunta rin naman kami kaagad. Pumasok ako sa cubicle habang si Amara ay naghihintay sa akin sa labas. I just pee before I went out, then headed to the washing area to wash my hands and see myself if I look fine.