52

"Fuck! How to date someone?"

I faced my laptop immediately to ask Google about it. Really, how to? I just invited her a date! I am good when it comes to dating but when it comes to Nirene, it seems like it was my first. I forgot what she is to a date, and what her ideal is.

I scanned some suggestions and sighed. This is useless. Hindi naman nakatutulong 'tong nasa Google dahil alam ko naman na ang lahat. It was just that I am worrying about Nirene. I tried to remember what she is like to a date but it seemed like nothing will flash back.

"You look like you're going to pee," asar ni Tita sa akin habang sabay kaming kumakain sa hapag. I hissed and rolled my eyes.

"Don't mind me."

"Si Aentice ba?" tanong ni Chi, nakatingin sa akin. Malamya akong tumango bilang sagot sa tanong niya. Napangisi naman siya. "So, what's up? What's with you two?"

"I invited her to a date," I told her.

"Naks! Unang pagkikita n'yo pa lang, ang kapal na ng mukha mo. Pumayag ba?"

I snorted. "Of course, she did."

She howled. Si Tita ay napailing sa akin. I know what she is thinking, it is about Nirene's father who she hates so much during his governance. She want to hate his daughter as well but Nirene has nothing to do with his father. She is innocent.

"Kayo ni Leah?" balik ko sa kaniya. Natigilan naman siya sa pagnguya at masama akong tinignan. "I mean, you like her, right? Why not court her who just see you as a friend?"

"Mind your own business, idiot," asar na asar niyang turan. Nginisihan ko lang siya.

Upon closing my eyes as I lay myself in my bed, her face popped up in my closed sight. She was smiling talking to me. I couldn't help but stare at her beautiful eyes that is showing me admiration. The look I longed.

Kailan kaya mauulit?

"Nirene," I mumbled as I tried to reach her. Pero parang unti-unti siyang lumalayo. Bumuntong hininga ako at bumaling sa kaliwa. Mariin pa akong pumikit upang pawiin siya sa isip ko.

Maaga akong nagising kinabukasan. I prepared myself. I don't even know why I keep on getting in in that school, hindi naman ako nag-aaral. It was just that I requested my Tita to bring me there, lalo na at isa sa student niya si Nirene.

"Pogi ka na," I commented because I can't get enough checking my reflection. I am conscious about my face. Ayaw ko namang humarap kay Nirene nang hindi maayos ang itsura. Inis kong ginulo ang buhok ko at marahas na napabuntong hininga. "Pangit mo." I ended up insulting myself. Kabadtrip naman kasi.

"Wow, the problematic Amanda," kumento ni Gio sa akin nang makasalubong niya ako sa gate. We bumps our fist before I hit his forehead.

"Mukha mo problematic." Mukha ba akong problemado? Hindi naman. Tanga lang siya.

"Lumaban pa, e. Tignan mo nga sarili mo," nginiwian niya ako. Bago ko pa siya masapak ay nauna na siyang maglakad palayo sa akin. Habang papasok sa loob ng campus ay inayos ko ang buhok ko. I was already blonde with not so visible purple highlight in my sides.

I chuckled to myself nervously. Ayos ka lang, Amanda. Haharapin mo si Nirene mamaya. She will compliment you about your look, and she will fall in love with her eyes forming hearts staring at you.

To: My Lady

4 PM rooftop

When a notification popped up her phone while I was seated on her back, my lips curved into a smile. I saw my nickname on her contact. Amara, the name she used to call me and a fire emoji beside it. Does that mean I am hot?