Too Close-Ariana Grande song preference

Cameron;

"'Cause we both know what could go down if we got too close"

It's hard to move on when you've had your heart broken. It's hard to trust another person. It's hard to find someone else, to give them the chance. It's especially hard when two people, both, who have had their hearts broken, try to form a relationship. The grounds of the relationship are rocky, overlapping worries of cheating, abuse, lies and all of the little things that slowly start to tear a couple apart.

This was how you and Cameron started.

You had met through Cameron's roommate Nash, he was throwing a party to help Cameron get over his ex, and your friends were dragging you to the party to get over your ex. The two of you had tried to escape the hype of the party by escaping to the quiet balcony, he had been sitting in one of the lawn chairs when you stepping out. You stood to his side, quiet, trying to take in the beautiful, nighttime skyline of Los Angles, the dark buildings, and twinkling lights mixed together effortlessly.

"You can sit down you know," his voice broke the peaceful silence, echoing softly along the cement walls. "If you want too."

You joined him, sitting in the empty canvas lawn chair, the two of you continued to admire the night sky in each other's strangely comforting company.

They say, "when two broken hearts meet, their pieces become jumbled and their hearts are often fixed, with pieces that are not their own."

Hayes;

"Playing truth or dare,

Daring me kiss you right here"

You were filled with the bittersweet feelings of knowing school was out for summer, you were happy to be done with the homework and boring lessons, but sad, knowing that some of the friendships you had made wouldn't survive the summer holiday.

"Y/N," the voice of your best friend pulled you from your wandering thoughts, bringing to your present situation-an end of the year house party. "Truth or dare?"

You paused, pretending to think over your options before shrugging your shoulders that were barely covered by the floral romper you had chosen to wear. "Dare," you stated, already knowing that whatever your best friend picked would be better than having to admit to something embarrassing.

A grin stretched across her chap stick coated lips. "I," she started, "dare you to," she paused once again, earning an eye roll from you. "To kiss Hayes," she finished with smirk replacing the wide grin.

Your eyes scanned the faces of the group, stopping once you met the bright blue orbs you had been searching for. You watched him lick his lips nervously; an eager smile took hold of his lips as he shuffled from his cross legged position to one of kneeling. Copying his actions, you initiated the lean inwards, eyes slowly closing as you did so. You felt his lips pressed against your own, before you both pulled back, faces tinted pinks, and eyes staring at the carpeted floor in front of you.

Jack G.;

 "Remember that girl, that you used to date,

She's with my ex-boyfriend, that's great"

Sitting on the wooden bar stool, you glumly stirred your third pink drink with the decorative umbrella, its toothpick adorned with a syrupy cocktail cherry.

 "Why the long face?" A voice interrupted your thoughts. You raised your head, your eyes taking in the face, the very cute face, of a boy who had clearly had as many, if not more, drinks as you. You sighed wearily, the effects of an emotional night and one too many Cosmopolitans settling in, your head jerked in the direction of the dance floor littered with drunken college students.