Chapter 72

Hi people! I hope y'all have had a good day! Anyways, I'm here with another chapter! I hope ya enjoy this one, the build up is almost done! I cant wait! But, here's a song for you, it's Anyone for You, by George Ezra! I love this song!

This wasn't real.

Shouto looked back, only to see cyan blue eyes blearily blinking at him, so confused and tired they looked. Curtly, Shouto grits out.

"Father."

Endeavour blinks again, becoming more cognizant by the second as he holds onto Shouto's arm weakly.

"Shou...to... I'm... so... sorry..." The former flame hero huffed out, exhaustion clear as day and the apology stupped Shouto.

Endeavour apologising? What twisted dimension had he entered?

"It's not only me you have to apologise to, Father, Fuyumi, Mother, Natsuo, Touya. They need that too." Endeavour dips his head and whispers brokenly.

"I know..." Then, "I... can't fix my mistakes... Nothing will..." Shouto nods his head.

"Yeah, nothing will."

And it was the brutal truth; Shouto will never forgive Endeavour for what he'd done, to his family and to the families of others, to every single person he has harmed, Endeavour was an irredeemable person in Shouto's eyes, too much bad blood between them to ever heal the bloody scars that lay in their family.

With mismatched eyes, Shouto watched as Endeavour fell back to unconsciousness, indifference and disinterest hiding the real pains that the boy felt; the boy who wished for a father, a true one, a child who's been hurt and abandoned by the world far too much.

He needed to speak to Izuku properly.

Running a hand on the doorframe, Shouto turns to Endeavour one last time, muttering.

"Holding on to what's happened will only hurt me more..." Shouto looks down.

"I'm going to let you go, let you fade into oblivion, you can't hurt me, and my hate and suffering will go with you. It's too exhausting to carry with me." The boy looks forward.

"You'll fade like a bad dream, and I can move forward, towards a bright future without your shadow looming, and without your presence."

Shouto hears a voice echo from the side of the room;

"Wise words, young one, yes, very true." The voice pauses thinkingly, "Do you want to hear the advice of an old man?" Shouto's eyes fall to a hobbling man, robed in white, a doctor, an old, with barely there silver hair and pale purple eyes.

Hesitantly, Shouto nods, shivering when those ancient, wise eyes roamed his face, recognition clear.