Chapter 64

Boop! Hello! We're almost at the end of the year! Thank every deity out there! This'll probably be the last chapter...

Till January! Hah! Got ya! I'm going to spend the break with my family! I hope y'all enjoy this chapter! (I looked Canon in the eyes and shot it in the head multiple times at this point.) The song above is My War from Attack on Titan the Final Season! Fitting no? Plus, massive thank you to EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU!! I love and appropriate you all! I'll give you a million hugs each!! And, enjoy the break! Have fun and be happy!!! A tiny bit more to go, here's a link to my Discord Server if ya wanna join: https://discord.gg/hDWxEd2 ! So, with that long intro out of the way, Let's-a go!

Tick. Toc. Tick. Toc.

Silence hung eerily in the air, the entirety of Japan made no noise, no twitch or movement; nothing as the now dead Empress fell to the ground, blood pouring from the gaping hole in her chest. Her body landed with a thud, that single sound resounded across the nation, along with the low sound of liquid running like a river, the blood of the Empress was flooding down the stairs of the Hero Commission.

As the saying goes, calm before the storm...

Anarchy and the utter decay of society followed.

With no leader, the government succumbed to a vacuum in power, and their focus swiftly changed from containment of the Paranormal Liberation Front to trying to fill the new gap. But fear and doubt made decisions impossible; no one knew what was best for Japan and the choice stagnated, a deadlock with no one filling the position.

Now without an active government, the populace of Japan faced a grim time. Laws stopped being enforced due to the lack of any sort of enforcers; Many heroes had simply vanished, and police had no funding from the government, meaning they had no pay and weren't equipped to deal with this. Riots and fights and literal battles broke out across the nation, blood was spilt and no one had any power to stop them.

The economy collapsed on itself. The one main source of income being the merchandise of Heroes had all but stopped, trust in heroes, trust in anyone had crumbled. Money in and of itself had become useless with the governments squabbling and bickering, they lost control of everything. People rioted and stole and stockpiled more supplies, more food and such; with that, prices kept rising and rising to supplement the demand of supplies before it all crashed down.

Cities were governed by themselves; most becoming self sufficient to deal with the lack of agricultural goods getting imported, and due to money losing all of its value, and bartering had become the new way to get goods. Most cities were led by the people, no real leader, no solid rules and no laws to stop them, it was now a free for all, Survival of the Fittest.