Chapter 16

Hello there! I am here with another chapter! Hope you all enjoy this one!

Izuku was hopping over a building when he felt his phone buzz. The displeased look from his dad caused Izuku to land on the other building and whipped out his phone to shut it off. It unlocked with a swipe and the buzz was a message from Uraraka who asked,

'Hey Deku! Have you seen the news?!' Directly after the message was a link to a news website with the title,

'ENDEAVOUR, THE NUMBER TWO HERO, ARRESTED?!'

Izuku has no words. This wasn't supposed to be out yet to save the full weight of the press all but collapsing onto the Todoroki Family. Maybe the article has too little detail for it to be believable. Hopeful, Izuku scrolls and starts to read carefully, completely forgetting about the patrol he was on.

'Yesterday, many people stood witness to an unconscious Number Two Hero being carted into a waiting police vehicle. Sidekicks watched as their boss was taken into police custody and civilians on the street saw their second-best defender rolled off. This sparked many to question; Why?' To the right of the paragraph was a slightly blurry photo of Endeavour being placed into a police van. 'Now, what we believe is that the man in the picture is a fake. Yes! an imposter, a fake, being caught, and may explain why the Endeavour at the Sport's Festival could not use his quirk, because they were an Imposter to spy on the Festival.'

Silently, Izuku wipes his brow from the sweat that had formed up there. Relief flooded into Izuku; they don't have the real reason, so the Todoroki Family is safe from the press for now. His relief vanished when he felt the intimidating aura of his mentor behind him, his eyes glowing a vibrate red with his quirk active.

"Would you care to explain what is so important on your phone that we had to pause openly on a roof?" Izuku shuddered at that voice. That monotone voice yet filled with irritation. His mentor turned and leaped away without getting his answer and left Izuku to scramble after him. As Izuku pocketed his phone, the article below caught his eye,

'STAIN: RIGHT OR WRONG?'

That left Izuku reeling. His mind flickered back to the alley way were Stain implied he was a villain, was he right or wrong? The old saying is the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, by the same logic, Izuku is destined to a life of Villainy but he doesn't want to be a villain... Or was he already one? He had broken several laws: Breaking and Entering, Illegal Quirk Usage, Theft, Grievous Bodily Harm, Maiming, Vigilantism and so on... Was this Izuku's legacy? To become a Villain?

Without realising it, Izuku started to slip into a panic attack. His breathing increased as his heart rate skyrocketed, his knees felt weak then collapsed to the ground with his vision becoming narrow tunnels.

Two rough hands were planted onto Izuku's shoulders, demanding his attention as he sees his Dad's face through his vision and watched as his Dad breathed in and then out. Izuku found himself copying the action until he had calmed down enough to notice what had happened. His Dad was out of his Mentor impression and into Dad-Mode, holding Izuku down with hands on his shoulder and asked,

"Izuku, please tell me what's happening in that mind of yours." Gentle fingers tapped on his forehead and that's when Izuku's walls fell. Fat, ugly tears rolled down Izuku's freckled cheeks as he sobbed into his Dad's shoulder letting out his pain and sorrow with each wail.