Chapter 35

Hello! Welcome back! I hope y'all enjoy this chapter! Feel free to enjoy the song above! Also! Thank you for all the views and comments! I do read every comment and i love every single of of them! THANK YOU!!! <3 <3 <3

All her life, Eri felt fear. It was such a normal emotion for her, the only thing she had felt other than despair and pain, the very concept of a smile confused her; why would people smile ? It was baffling. But as she broke free of her caretakers, she was filled with something other than fear; it almost felt like it was burning her...

Fear, however, was so deeply ingrained into Eri that even as she ran, her fragile body shook like it was in an earthquake. Her mind was abuzz with thoughts, what ifs ran rampant, chaos flood into her, her mind fighting itself as she ran out of that tight alley way and right into the path of a green giant; the giant was fully green, he only had leaf green hair and piercing emerald eyes. Those eyes filled with something Eri didn't know; it was something other than the intent to hurt her, the promise of punishment, it made Eri feel warm and calm.

"Eri, why did you run away from your caretakers?" There it was; that cold, mean voice that demanded presence. Now, Eri felt the same terror when she was sent to 'The Room' , the voice all but promising agony for her and the giant. She whimpered into the giant, her muscles spasming with fear, and the giant pulled her chin up, and gave her a rush of unknown feelings;

The giant gave her a smile...

A day before...

Izuku was sitting by Toshinori as Mirio walked in; his pace jolly, a wide smile stretching his face.

The boy radiated positivity. Mirio looked to Izuku then to Toshinori;

"Hey Mr. All Might! You called for me?" Toshinori smiled back, replying.

"I did, Young Togata." Toshinori waves over to Izuku; "Young Midoriya wants to Intern with Sir Nighteye and wants your help." Musing, Mirio questions;

"Midoriya! Why do you want to be a hero?!" The question was lighthearted, but Izuku answered seriously.

"I want to be a hero so that I can save people. I want people to know that when I am there, they know that everything is fine, that I will save them; no matter the cost."

Izuku puts his hand onto his chin, thoughtful;

"But. Being a hero... it means so much more; they are the pinnacle, the top, a shining light; a symbol. I wish to be a symbol; to show that even in the darkest of days, when fear and terror is around every corner, there is Hope. There is always Hope." Izuku looks at Mirio, his eyes burning with determination; "All Might reined in an era of Peace, I want everyone to feel Hope; the Hope for the future, the Hope that even when evil lurks, Hope will arise to fight it off."

Mirio looks at Izuku in awe, then excitedly tells the boy –