Chapter 31

Hello there!

Welcome back! I hope y'all enjoy this fluffy chapter, and a tad bit of Bakugou redemption with more well on the way! Also, enjoy the song above! Its George Ezra, Hold my Girl!

Drained. Tired. Drowsy.

The list can go on, but Izuku Midoriya wants rest.

Not even in his sleep can he escape the wounds not yet healed from his imprisonment and subsequent torture; it made him weary.

His eyes gleam around his room, scanning for threats to himself or others in the hospital, the security must be shocking if Inko manages to get in with no effort at all. Hands shake as he runs them down his face, a single sigh escaping his lips, a headache beginning to form in his head. He may have escaped that place physically, but his mind remains imprisoned, shackled by itself, after all recovery is a much harder task.

6 o clock was about the time the Hospital began to rile up. Nurses, doctor and physiotherapist all examined Izuku, kindly asking him how he was feeling and if they could do anything. A quirk doctor came in after them, buzzing on their feet, Izuku couldn't tell their gender, so decided for a more neutral term in his mind, they were practically shaking with something or other, and they exclaimed;

"Izuku Midoriya! It is so nice to meet you! I've analysed the samples sent to me and I have to say, your cells are growing on pair to a high tier regeneration quirk! Fascinating really! Physically, your body has fully healed, there are scars on your body, some which your regenerative abilities could not heal properly, but other than that, you could walk out right now!" Now it was Izuku's turn to become excited, he could leave this room soon, not like he had been there for too long, but it gave him an unnatural feel, something amiss that Izuku couldn't place his finger on, he wanted out.

As if noticing Izuku building excitement and hope, the doctor gave the boy a sad look, telling him –

"However, just because you are physically fine, does not mean emotionally fine. We are currently speaking to your parents so you can meet up with a professional psychologist; what you have been exposed to, the horrors, will not leave, and seeking that help is the best you can do!"

Slumping, Izuku let the information dump sink in. He was being kept until they found a suitable therapist for Izuku to talk to, one that has experience in dealing with cases such as his own. Unhappily, Izuku sulked, he didn't need to be coddled, he had to become the next Symbol, he was the only one that can eliminate All for One, he must finish this alone...

Deep in Izuku's mind, a feeling of urgency arose, something that needed him, One for All flared, lightning arched before he fell, knocked out, in front of the quirk doctor.

Within Izuku's subconscious, Izuku was met with the frail figure of First, his smile was small but warm non the less. First patted the place next to him, no words spoken, but Izuku sat and watched as the void bended and twisted into a beautiful clearing, with a huge tree in the middle. The bark of the tree was ivory in color, with rainbow sparks running deep in the seams, the leaves were glowing a mythical blue, pulsating with energy, power. First spoke up;