Chapter 32

I'm going to come clean here... I might have forgotten to write this for a bit... I have just gotten back into Voltron after getting over my extreme disappointment over season 8... ANYWAY! Welcome back! I hope y'all enjoy this chapter! It's a Katsuki redemption chapter!

Katsuki Bakugou was told he was destined for greatness ever since he was four years old. Everyone at daycare knew that, his parents knew that, Deku knew it; his quirk was perfect for heroics, the ability to make explosions by detonating his very sweat. Ever since he first saw All Might defeat three villains, he knew that he must be the best, he had to be number one, above everyone else because everyone told him that is what he had to do.

His mind twisted the meaning of Hero. He believed that Heroes were the best, the top dogs, above all else and everyone else is below them; the only meaning of a Hero was to beat villains to get the prize, the fame, the money in his mind. it was set in concrete when he listened to the teachers whisper about Deku, quirkless, worthless Deku, how he was nothing and how Katsuki was everything!

He was the main character!

He was the next number one!

He was going to beat all the villains!

So why did Deku, stupid, idiotic quirkless Deku, think he could stand on the same podium as the next number one? How can someone with no powers of their own dare stand shoulder with him? How can Deku say they were equals when Katsuki was better in every single way? He couldn't comprehend it; when he hit Deku for the first time, it felt empowering, a statement that he was the best! The teachers acknowledged this, gave him approving nods when he punched and kicked Deku, when he yelled that Deku was worthless; the teachers whispered about how Deku would go no where in life, how he would become nothing more than a villain scrounging of the streets to survive.

Deku, the next villain and Katsuki the next hero! he had to defeat Deku as a steppingstone for his path to the Number one slot!

So why did a pit form in Katsuki; why did the tear stained face of Deku make Katsuki jolt awake at night, why did it feel like the world was on his shoulders...

His time at U.A opened his eyes; it showed him that he still had a long way till he reached number one, but he knew that he could make it! He was Katsuki Bakugou!

Then, Katsuki heard about Deku's parents. Both villains, his mother and father running a huge criminal organisation; his mind connected dots faster than he could ask. Deku had a brand spanking new quirk, a fire and telekinesis quirk, a powerful one at that, only showing after he arrived at U.A, which had been attacked by villains that shouldn't have known things, yet they did, and he had villains for parents?

In Katsuki's mind, Deku was a villain; it was him who gave up information for a quirk, it was him that almost got the class killed at the USJ, and the destruction in Hosu as well as the arrest of the Number Two hero was his fault! Deku was destroying the heroes from the inside! And its Katsuki's job, his responsibility to take down villains like Deku. So, he did just that!

Planned perfectly, Katsuki waited till Deku returned to class, waited to everyone left; and there he stood, the villain in all his glory. Sweating, Katsuki primed his explosions, he's going to crush the villain and become a hero! Until Mr. Aizawa stopped him, knocking him out before he could defeat Deku.