Chapter 10

Soft is the first thought that bounces into Izuku's mind as he wakes up. Immediately panicking, the bed at his house is old and rough like sleeping on a rock before recognising his new room and begins to calm his erratic heartbeat. For once in an ungodly amount of time, Izuku feels well rested and not tired beyond belief, stretching out much like a kitten after a nap. Removing his fluffy quilt, he quickly changes into his uniform and bounces to the kitchen only to be met with the sight of Shouta sleeping with his head on the table, the cats crawling all over him. Izuku tap Shouta's shoulder lightly so that he can wake up to get to school on time, he merely grunts and looks at him with a deadpan glare, and Izuku just shrugged innocently at the man, moving around him to get some water and toast. With a slice of toast hanging in his mouth, he rushes out the door and jogs to U.A, taking large bits of his toast as he jogs lightly up the streets leading to U.A and with one last bit he finishes his toast before he continued jogging or he would have, if he did not bump into someone, said someone was no other than...

Shouto Todoroki hadn't had the best morning. He was rudely awakened from his slumber by the burning trash that his is father, demanding that he gets up for his training today. An hour passed, and Shouto emerged from the training room burnt and bruised from his training, (Torture) limping towards a first aid kit to patch himself up, a vital skill most of the people living in the Todoroki household learn at an early age, wrapping his wounds with bandages and putting burn cream on his, well, burns. After his training fiasco, he leaves his house, not home that place isn't home not for Shouto anyway, and begins to make his way to U.A. He can't help but think of the green haired boy from the bus to the USJ the other day. Shouto's mind focuses on the way the boy spoke of his father, the animosity that oozed from his eyes, his body tense and shaking with anger and Shouto can't help but agree, and he made some amazing points about Endeavour being a villain more than a hero. He's snapped out of his musing by the very one he was thinking about.

Izuku straightens his back to look at Todoroki, before offering his hand to shake, then stopping mid gesture at the look in Todoroki's eyes. They are the same as the ones he had when he developed his quirk; disgust, hatred and pain all pass through his eyes, a cold glare on an impassive mask to hide the sweltering emotions bubbling below. Izuku should know, he felt the same, and the way Todoroki carries himself all scream that something is terribly wrong. Plastering on a smile, Izuku introduces himself,

"H-Hello-o you must b-b-be Todoroki." Politely bowing at the end, then straightening back out observing Todoroki closely. His heterochromia, his chiselled jawline, his toned body... Shaking his head, Izuku blushes madly at his thoughts, he can't help himself in front of hot boys like Todoroki, all making him feel warm inside. Todoroki replied,

"Yes. I am Shouto Todoroki. You must be Izuku Midoriya. A pleasure." Shouto means it. He subtly looked at Midoriya, gazing at his feature: A God like body, a scar on his right side, his 6'1'' height. The boy had caught his eyes when he first entered the class room, a mystery to be sure, and the scars that litter his body make him even more so. That look in those emerald eyes catch him off guard, it wasn't pity, admiration or respect, it was understanding like he knew what had happened to Shouto, maybe he too had been abused, that would explain the scar maybe. Then the nagging voice of Endeavour echoes in his mind, 'You aren't there to make friends' and he tries to block it out, but it gets louder and louder so he shuts down, making his face impassive and cold to the world.

Awkward silence fills the air. Neither boy speaking, one casting the other a cold stare, the other looking away embarrassed with his staring. Todoroki coughs into his fist, telling Izuku,