Chapter 7

"If you show me yours, and tell me about soulmates...then I will consider showing you mine... deal?" I looked at her with raised eyebrows. "But we don't speak of this to anyone...not even Alice. I want to be the one to tell her."

    Hana quickly nodded her head and stood up. She started to unbutton her top and...

    "Woah woah woah... I didn't ask you to strip Hana!!" I shouted and covered my eyes with my hands. Hana started laughed and pulled my hands away from my eyes.

    "I am not stripping for you. One, you are not my soulmate... and two, I don't swing that way," She said with a wink. I outwardly gagged at her statement which made us both die with laughter. "I am showing you my mark. It is on my shoulder blade."

    She pulls down the back of her shirt to show her shoulder blade area to me. There on her shoulder is a mark with a horse that is running. Within the bounds of the horse is a mountainous landscape, with the moon, the stars and a bird.

 Within the bounds of the horse is a mountainous landscape, with the moon, the stars and a bird

    "Wow....that's....beautiful Hana." I was mesmerized by how pretty the mark was.

    "Yep. I really love it. You know it matches my love for animals, especially horses, and my love for nature and exploring. I'm not really sure what more the mark means but it is really wonderful." Hana gushes with pride over her mark and buttons up her top again and sits back down.

    "Now about soulmates... I am going to tell you everything I know okay?" She questions me. I nod my head to allow her to continue.

    "Okay. So everything I know is from common knowledge, and also what my grandparents and parents taught me as they met their own soulmates. Generally speaking, we all get a soul mark at some point in our life that resembles our soulmate. Every mark is different...but it relates specifically to your soulmate and vise versa." I nod my head taking in her information...thinking about my soul marks.

    "Most people get their marks after puberty, sometimes around the end of their teenage years to some time in their 20's. That is said to happen because obviously we wouldn't want 14 year old girls being pregnant with their soulmates babies or just 14 year olds pregnant in general." Hana giggles. I was actually shocked. I had never thought about kids. That was a whole other topic.

    "Once you get your mark, that is when your journey starts into finding your soulmate. There is no set timeline or date after getting your soul mark of when you will meet your soulmate. Every timeline is different. Soul marks will not change unless something has happened to your soulmate. If your soulmate passes away...the mark with start to fade immediately and the living soulmate will feel a sting in their marked area." Hana looked saddened when she mentioned this.

    So Alice must have felt that when Daniel passed away.

    "Wait...but how do you know who your soulmate is?" I blurted out. I was too caught up in finding out more about soulmates that I interrupted Hana.