Chapter 32

*Trigger Warning: abuse, sexual assault, rape, torture — skip italics if you don't want to read about that stuff*
*disclaimer at the bottom*

I slowly opened up my eyes. I was met with dark cement walls and the jail bars of the basement cells. I groggily tried to hold up my heavy head. I must have been drugged again to get down here like this.

I tried to move my body into a comfortable position, only to realize my arms were held up in chains. I could barely move my lower half. The gashes and wounds seemed to be the reason I felt so weak and numb.

The cuffs rubbed harshly against my worn out skin. I was dirty, my hospital/prisoner like gown was torn and I could tell I hadn't eaten or drank any fluids in days.

What had I done to deserve this punishment?

I tried to listen around me to see if there was anyone else around. I couldn't hear anything, other than to dripping of water and rats roaming about. I sighed, wincing as I felt the broken ribs that burned my side.

I wanted to sleep, but I knew something bad was going to happen to me. I wanted to leave Hydra. Heck I wanted to die. I was tired of being tortured and punished or made to kill. Pierce grew frustrated every time my mind was able to recover from the mind wiping machine. I tried my best to fight to remember who I was. I was losing pieces of that grip everyday...but I still tried.

I started to hear keys jingle, as someone was approaching my cell. I didn't have much energy, but I glanced up through my eyelids to see who it was. He came up to the bars and unlocked my cage. He threw open the cell, the noise causing me to tense up.

I used what energy I had to push my head back onto the wall so I could look the man in the eyes. I saw Rumlow...Pierce's right hand man, walk slowly into the dark room, an eerie smirk plastered on his face. I watched as two other men came from behind him, roughly pushing a third man into my cell.

The man grunted, causing me to turn my eyes to him. I was met with familiar blue eyes. We looked at each other and slightly relaxed. He had become a friend.

The Winter Soldier...what's he doing here?

His eyes were dull and held pity and sadness. I wasn't sure what was wrong but I was in no place to help him. Every time our minds were wiped, Hydra would send us on missions. I would eventually break free of the control and help him find some freedom. We vowed to never disclose our friendship. We worked to keep it hidden from Pierce or Rumlow.

His face never held any emotion though. Winter was good at being Hydra's soldier when he wasn't in their full control, although in this moment, it was hard for me to tell if he had been wiped again.

Rumlow closed the cell and told the guards to wait on the other side. He walked slowly over to me, his steps painfully slow. I flinched back when he stood over my body, squatting so his face was directly in front of mine.

"You've really messed up this time, Ghost." His rough voice and hot breathe felt like a slap in the face. I watched him and breathed slowly, fear starting to etch its way into my body.

"You know that we have eyes and ears everywhere...and yet you still find ways to defy Hydra."

"What are you talking about?" I really was confused by his words. My voice was scratchy from not being used for days. Rumlow drew his hand back and slapped me hard across the cheek. My cheek burned and I bit my lip to keep myself from screaming out.

"You dare try to act all innocent and confused when you know what you did!?"

I flinched at his loud voice. My ears were ringing, sensitive to the only noises I had heard for a while. Rumlow stood up and started pacing around my body.