Chapter 59

Shadow groaned as her lights were being turned on. She squinted, lifting her head to look over Loki's shoulder towards the door. Natasha was smiling at the snuggled up trio, elated that her teammate was finally experiencing some happiness.

    "Com'n. You promised me you'd help Pepper and I today." She whispered harshly.

    Shadow let her head fall back onto Loki's shoulder. She was stuffed in between both men, and she really didn't feel like getting up.

    "What time is it?" Shadow groaned.

    Natasha put her hands on her hips, irritated that getting Shadow out of bed was a task in and of itself. "It's only 7:00 am. Just be glad I didn't wake you up at 5:00."

    Shadow knew she was right. She had gone to bed earlier than usual and slept pretty well through the night. She pinned it towards the fact that her mates were both there. They seemed to be better rested as well, their dark under-eyes disappearing from their delectable skin. They seemed healthier and happier, and Shadow couldn't have been more pleased.

    She began to shimmy her way out of the two mens arms. They began to tighten their holds on her, but she placed two long kisses on their lips. They relaxed and went right back to sleep. Natasha reached out her arms to help Shadow crawl over the two large bodies, making sure she didn't wake them. She pulled open her nightstand drawer in search of pen and paper. Once she found one, she began to write the boys a note, telling them where she was and that they deserved their rest.

    "Could you be anymore insufferable?" Natasha scoffed.

    Shadow gave her a pointed look as she changed into sweats and a t-shirt. "You're just jealous." Shadow made sure her tone was teasing, for she remembered that Natasha didn't have a mate. She hoped that with her joking, she didn't offend her.

    Natasha understood her underlying hesitation. She waved Shadow off with a smirk. "We can dish all that out later. Let's hurry. Pepper is waiting on us."

    Shadow finished throwing on some comfortable shoes and put her long hair into a loose braid. She carefully shut her door behind her, turning to catch up to the assassin who was already at the elevator. She stepped in and waited patiently as they went down to the garage. There was a comfortable silence between the two women. They didn't feel uncomfortable around each other. Shadow always knew that if there was something Natasha wanted to talk about, she would be upfront about it.

    The elevator dinged and opened up. Like usual, many expensive cars lined the sides of the garage, freshly cleaned and waxed. Shadow figured Tony wasn't going to waste an opportunity to drive his flashy sports cars tonight to the charity event. Natasha pointed to our usual blacked out car, but this time stepping into the suburban. Shadow hoped into the passenger seat and looked behind her, noticing the back filled with tons of decorations and supplies.

    "Is this...everything we are using at the party?" Shadow raised her eyebrow. She felt like there was too much in the back, not understanding just what Tony's parties entailed.

    Natasha began to drive them through the garage, towards the street. "This isn't everything. Pepper already had drivers deliver most of it to the venue. This is just last minute stuff, like if someone breaks something...these are the extras."

    Shadow nodded her head and turned forward in her seat. She watched as buildings zipped by, buzzing with anxiousness and excitement for today. Natasha could tell she was excited. She herself couldn't wait to see Shadow all dolled up and paraded around the ballroom.

    They finally made it to the venue and went through the secured back entrance. Natasha flashed her ID and they let her right in. Shadow sat further into her seat. She was still not used to this type of treatment or the perks that came with knowing and working with a billionaire. They parked in the loading area, just off the side entrance of the venue.