Chapter 15

"Look at this..." Thor pleaded angrily at his brother. "Look around you." Loki looked around at the damage that was being caused by the Chitauri. His face was lost, briefly showing pain and regret for what was happening. "You think this madness will end with your rule?"

Breathing raggedly Loki looked up at his brother. "It's too late. It's too late to stop it." He confessed. For a brief second, Thor felt like the real Loki was expressing his concern and fear for what was going on.

"No! We can together," Thor pushed, staring into Lokis eyes hopeful. Loki looked at Thor longingly but once he blinked that cloud filled his head once again. Loki stabbed his brother with a dagger, making Thor drop his hammer.

"Sentiment." Loki smiled coldly at Thor. Thor jumped back up at his brother, kicking him through a glass window. He picked him up and threw him down on the balcony harshly. Suddenly, Loki rolled right off the edge. Thor rushed to the edge to help his brother to only find he had landed on a Chitauri vessel.

Cap, Widow and Hawkeye hid behind a taxi cab. Barton pointed around them. "We've got civilians trapped up here." Chitauri vessels flew over their heads and Rogers recognized the battle armor in the one leading the pack.

"Loki." He spat.

Loki and the Chitauri soldiers started blasting everything in the streets. People were still running around everywhere...trying to stay away from the danger. Cap looked at all the people stranded around the bridges, giving Loki and the other aliens clean shots at them. "They're fish in a barrel down there." Chitauri started landing all around the three Avengers. Shadow heard what the man in the blue uniform said and started speeding her way through the streets under the bridges taking people to safety.

She was whizzing everywhere, looking like a flash of white light, as people could only catch glimpses of her shining white hair. Cap jumped off the bridge to help people down below. Widow and Hawkeye stayed up top to help the people get off the bridge. Hawkeye was helping people off of a greyhound bus while Black Widow covered their escape.

"Just like Budapest all over again." Widow yelled to her partner.

"You and I remember Budapest very differently."

Cap was running through the streets, jumping over cars and diving away from gun blasts. The cops were scrambling to understand what was happening. One officer ran back to the front where he found his superior. "It's gonna be an hour before they can scramble the National Guard."

"National Guard?" A gun blasted their cop car, blowing them back a few feet. "Does the Army know what's happening here?!" He yells back.

"Do we?"

Cap suddenly appears in front of them, landing on top of the hood of the cop car. The men pull out their guns and point them at the man in the red white and blue uniform.

"You need men in these buildings. There are people inside and they're going to be running right into the line of fire. You take them to the basements or through the subway. You keep them off the streets. I need a perimeter as far back as 39th." Cap demands, spouting out directions to the officers so that the civilians can get help.

"Why the hell should I be taking orders from you?" The lead officer demands back.

Suddenly two Chitauri vessels appear blasting near the officers. Shadow already being close by, covers one of them in flames, blowing it up on the spot. The other one got closer to the cops and the two Chitauri soldiers landed on the car where Cap stood. He fought off the two aliens, cutting off the arm of one, securing the blaster. Once the lead officer knew he could trust the guy, seeing as he was strong enough to kill an alien, he started spouting off verbatim what Cap had ordered.