Chapter 78

After their heartfelt reunion, Steve helped plan for Peggy's funeral. We decided it was best to have it in London, where she was from. Steve wasn't really looking forward to it, but being able to see and talk to Peggy again helped with the pain. I promised...well more like demanded that I would go along because I wasn't going to Vienna to sign those damn Accords. Sam insisted he come along as well, so we had quickly formed a support group for Steve and packed clothes for the trip.

I didn't feel like I needed much, but I packed enough that I would have a nice outfit for the funeral and clothes to wear casually. I made sure to bring my suit just in case something happened. I didn't want to be caught off guard by anyone or anything.

    As we flew to London, we were pretty quiet. Peggy insisted on waiting until after the funeral to show herself again to Steve to allow him time to mourn. I knew he was taking losing his soulmate pretty hard, but he sure was putting on a brave face.

    We weren't going to waste much time after landing at the large and overcrowded airport

    We weren't going to waste much time after landing at the large and overcrowded airport. We made our way straight to a giant church. It was truly beautiful. Stained glass windows and wonderful architecture. I made sure to wear comfortable heels and threw on a nice black coat to go nicely with my black jumpsuit.

    Steve and Sam looked really nice wearing their simple suits. I could tell when we got to the church, Steve was doing everything he could not to cry. They had asked him to be the front man to carry Peggy's casket. Steve without a doubt said yes, wanting to be close to his mate for a long as he could. As the large crowd billowed into the church, the overwhelming silence fell like a blanket over the mass of heads. Sam and I sat next to each other towards the front, a seat saved for Steve when he was done carrying the casket.

    Sam leaned closer to me to whisper into my ear, "Are you okay?"

    I eyed him slowly, confused as to why he was asking about me. "I'm alright...why?"

    He pinched in his eyebrows and turned to look at me. "You look pale. Have you eaten today?"

    Murmurs echoed throughout the room and music began to play from the organ. A choir was also assembled to help honor this special woman. I waved Sam off like everything was fine and turned to see Steve along with five other men carrying the casket with a bright new American flag laid across the top.

    Truth was, I wasn't ok. I had been feeling sick for quite some time. The pains I got from when Bucky was being tortured or hurt were really affecting me. With Loki still gone, the nightmares were still heavy and present. I could barely sleep without me having some sort of flashback or a vision from that strange purple eyed being or just a vision from the yellow mist.

    Sometimes I would just see my entire family laying dead before me. Blood would be pooling around me like it was an entire lake. Sometimes it would show me in some sort of fight and it would show me dying. Each vision that I had like this would drain me. It was like my magic was fighting off that evil presence but would be permanently lost once the vision or nightmare was gone.