Chapter 18

Tony was making sure all of the repairs for the new Avengers tower were getting completed as quickly as they could, while his friend Banner was checking up on their mystery woman. It had been about a week since the attack on New York. Shadow had been in a restful sleep since she had passed out after meeting Loki. Barton had come a few times to check on her progress, but Banner hadn't seen any changes in her status other than she was supposed to wake up soon. Most of the team were out doing their own things, but promised to return once the tower was completed. Banner was running more tests in the medical wing on Shadow's recovery.

JARVIS: "Sir, I ran facial recognition on that video we found over a week ago." The AI's voice played over the speakers in Tony's lab. As usual, Stark was tinkering with his suits.

"Yeah and...what did you find?"

"We know who the person is sir." Tony stopped his work and looked towards a screen he had pulled up. It was playing the security tape footage of a woman freezing a man who was going to shoot her.

"Who is it, J. The suspense is killing me." Stark rolled his eyes. The news footage of the New York battle had barely caught any video of Shadow helping the Avengers, but once again, Stark's security cameras caught everything. Shadow was seen flying around with Iron Man blasting Chitauri creatures left and right. The screen confirmed that the facial recognition and body scans were a 97% match to each other.

"It seems our mysterious ally is the one who was attacked that night." Tony smiled at the footage, closed the screen and headed for the medical lab. The door opened suddenly, making Banner turn to his genius of a partner.

"How's your tinkering going? Get bored already?" The smaller man teased. Tony laughed back but pulled up the comparison footage to show Banner.

"She's Jackie Frost I was telling you about. Poor girl turned this guy into a frozen popsicle before she was shot. Serves him right." Banner stared at the footage and watched as the man turned to solid ice. The scared white haired girl was shocked at what had happened. He turned towards the sleeping girl in the medical bed.

She was now in a hospital gown, all her wounds had healed quickly and all her vitals were back to normal. Banner went over to the computer that was running analysis on her blood and wrote down more notes.

"So we know that she can fly and she has water and fire magic...but maybe also ice?" Banner mumbled.

"Mmm huh... oh and don't forget she can heal." Tony added.

"Well, I was going to wait to run more tests until we had her permission but I did notice that her blood, although different from all of ours, had similarities between Thors and Rogers blood." Tony turned sharply back to Banner and rushed up to the data sheets and screens. The similarities were very close but there were still differences that both Banner and Tony couldn't understand. They both suddenly heard movement from behind them, noticing that the girl was starting to wake up.

Shadow groaned. Her body felt stiff and was aching to be moved around. It almost felt like she had been laying in one spot for a while. Shadow slowly started to open her eyes and was met with white walls and ceilings. She glanced around her and saw medical machines and saw an IV stuck in her arm.

Oh no! Not again! They won't hurt me again.

Shadow jumped up out of the bed, ripping out the IV out of her arm. She saw she was wearing a hospital gown. She heard voices...the sounds of muffling voices talking to her, but she didn't know who it was. She turned in the direction of the voices and prepared to turn them to ashes. Her eyes turned a bright golden color and her hands lit up in flames. The voices and figures started panicking.