Chapter 63

They had teleported over to the tower, the motion causing Clint to tumble and feel slightly light headed. Bucky swayed a bit but held onto Shadow's waist, any excuse to touch her whenever he could. They grabbed any weapons they would need and rushed over to the jet. Tony was barking orders to everyone, getting them to hurry.

"What's the emergency?" Shadow called, throwing her bag onto the jet.

"We think we found Loki's scepter. It's in a Hydra base in Sokovia." Steve called, loading weapons and parachutes. Everyone was suited up except for Sam.

Shadow and Bucky both tensed at the name of their former captors. They weren't sure if they were ready to face against Hydra again, but they wanted to rid the world of that horrible organization once and for all. Tony turned fully back to the three.

"I think it's best that Bucky and Loki stay here. Bucky we still haven't made sure their trigger words won't pull you back and Loki I want you to stay and watch over the tower...and bird brain."

"Hey!" Sam shouted.

Loki raised an eyebrow. "Is this because you don't trust me around the scepter?"

Tony crossed his arms around his chest. "Honestly I don't trust anyone around it, but we need to get it back since it was stolen from SHIELD. I just trust you and your powers enough that if anything happened around here, you would take care of it." He shrugged his shoulders and began to walk away.

"What about me?" Shadow whispered.

Tony hadn't asked her to stay, which probably meant he wanted her to go. She knew she was powerful but she wasn't sure if Tony believed she was ready to face Hydra again. Natasha ran past, lugging more bags into the jet along with some food. She had on a newer suit, bright blue strips lining her body, probably infused with some sort of electricity.

"You're coming with us, love bug." She smiled sweetly.

Shadow turned slowly to face her mates. They could feel her nervousness and they stepped towards her. They planted kisses on her lips and rubbed her shoulders.

"I know better than to argue with Tony, even though he is right. Hydra could capture me again and they could keep me away from you. You have nothing to worry about. You're powerful, they won't know what hit them." Bucky spoke calmly. He was upset he wouldn't be there to protect his mate, even though he was sure she could wipe them out with a flick of her wrist.

"Bucky is right, darling. Keep your mind channels open and we will be able to check on you while you are away. Don't let your guard down and just remain in control. They can't hurt you anymore unless you let them."

Both of her mates words relieved her worries, leaning into their touches. She wanted to feel the warm and cold feeling the sparks gave her before she left. She didn't know what this mission would be like but it seemed incredibly important. Being around them really helped her stay calm. She stepped back slowly meeting both of their eyes.

"See you soon." She all but whispered.

They both smiled at her softly. Loki pointed at her wrist. She glanced down at her sleeve, seeing a leather bracelet clasped close to her skin. Dark leather strands were braided together. Between their strands were two gem charms. One was an emerald green and the other was red. There was a tiny set of dog tags next to a charm that looked like Loki's horns.

"I found the bracelet not long ago with the red gem. We added the personal features. I figured you could have something that reminded you of me as well." Bucky blushed slightly, showing off his sentimental side.