Chapter 30

*Shadow's POV*

I woke up slowly, stretching out on my bed. I felt an unfamiliar weight around my waist and shot up. I heard a soft groan and looked to the source. Laying underneath me was a sleeping Loki. I smiled remembering that we slept in the same bed. I slowly got up, peeling Loki's arm off of my body, making sure I didn't wake him. I put on the socks I had worn the day before and prepared to go to the kitchen for breakfast.

As I was walking to the elevators, I realized that I hadn't had a nightmare last night. Being next to Loki must have helped. I walked through the opening elevator towards the kitchen. I saw Thor, Clint, Nat, and Tony sitting around the table and the bar eating their own breakfast. I shot them all a smile and opened up the fridge. I pulled out some fruit and protein powder to make a smoothie.

"Well someone's in a good mood." Clint spoke up.

I turned to look at the archer, seeing a wide smirk across his lips.

"Uhhh yes. I slept wonderfully, thanks for asking." I mumbled back, rolling my eyes. I started the blender and waited till it was done to pull it out. Once I poured it in a cup, I started to make my way to the table.

"Where did you get that shirt? I know I had Romanoff get you some extra clothes and I'm sure that wasn't on the list." Tony teased.

"It isn't my shirt. It's Loki's." I spat out, sipping on my smoothie. Thor started laughing loudly making Shadow jump.

"Where were you last night? I went to go check on you and you weren't in your room." Nat pressed a slight smile on her lips.

I stopped drinking my smoothie, realizing just what they were hinting at. I could feel myself blushing as I turned to the group.

"I was in Loki's room alright! We didn't do anything, just slept. Gosh you all are like little children." I smiled at the team, shaking my head as they were trying to see what was happening in my relationship.

"Ahh come on witchy...we know you guys are soulmates. I know after Pepper and I realized we were mates, we couldn't keep our hands off each other." Tony winked.

I made a disgusted face which made Clint laugh. "I didn't need to have that image in my head. Ewww."

"In a way Tony is right, I waited a while with Laura. We took things slow but it was hard because of the bond." I looked at Clint as he talked about his mate. "Now we have two kids."

"Do you all have soulmates? Uh...if you don't mind me asking." I asked shyly. I didn't want to be rude. Tony stood up from the bar and walked over to the table.

"You already know about Pepper. We met a while back, when she worked for my company. Her name is actually Virginia but she was a fiery thing and threatened to use pepper spray on my body guards which earned her the nickname." Tony laughed at the old memory.

"Laura and I met while I worked for SHIELD. I had to lie to her about being some accountant or something for a while, but she eventually found out the truth. She was mad at first, but then understood the secrecy and I had just done it to protect her."

I nodded at Clints story. I wouldn't want my mate to be in any harm. I turned my eyes to Nat.

"What about you?"

She tensed a little but relaxed into her chair. "I have been a spy all my life. They drained it in us that mates or relationships were weaknesses. I wanted to have a family before all that but now I'm okay with the truth. I never got a mark."

I looked at her sadly. She didn't seem to be upset but I hadn't met anyone without a soulmate.

"Would you ever want to date anyone? Maybe if they were in the same situation as you?" I asked hopeful. Nat just shrugged her shoulders.