Chapter 24

As pretty much everyone in the tower went to sleep after dinner, Shadow tried her best to keep herself busy so she didn't fall asleep. She had asked Jarvis for help on adding some extra touches to Lokis room so that he would feel comfortable in it. She knew his clothing and armor always consisted of emerald green and gold, with the occasional splash of black. The room already had darker furniture which was perfect, but the bed was all black or gray bedding and she wanted a splash of green for the room.

    She ordered an emerald green duvet cover to place over the black comforter and ordered emerald green sheets. She found some pillow cases that would have gold details on them to match Loki's more regal touch. She took the reading chair from the living area and moved it into his room, so he could have a private place to read. She ordered an emerald green throw blanket to put with the chair, because she always liked reading with a blanket. She smiled as she had done what she could with the room for now.

    She waddled into the kitchen around downstairs, trying to keep herself from falling asleep. She made herself some coffee and watched the time. 2:53 am... She groaned, still knowing she had a long night ahead of her. She grabbed her coffee and wandered around the room. She glanced in the direction of the cell and her legs started carrying her that way. Once she made it, the door was already opened.

    Maybe Stark was tired of always punching in numbers.

    She scoffed at her own thoughts and checked in the dimly lit room to see what Loki was doing. If he was asleep she didn't want to disturb him, but maybe he wanted company.

    "Shouldn't you be asleep?" Loki made himself visible to the girl. He watched as she held onto her cup with two hands, looking extremely exhausted.

    "Uhhh...I...Can't sleep." She muttered. She probably could but she wasn't going to give her nightmares a chance. Loki narrowed his eyes at her but figured he would press her on her lie on a later date. He glanced at the mug in her hand and smelled its contents. Shadow saw this and her blue eyes sparkled.

    "Would you like me to make you some coffee, or tea?" Her voice was kind and hopeful. She never came at him with any distaste or hatred like the others. He watched her a minute and decided he would like something.

    "Tea would be fine." He replied quickly. He wondered if the tea here would taste anything like the tea at home. She went to walk out of the room but stopped abruptly and turned back to face him.

    "Do you have a particular flavor you would like?" She questioned. He really didn't know what flavors they had so he figured he would let her choose.

    "Surprise me." She smiled brightly at his words and rushed into the kitchen she immediately put the pot of water on and searched through the tea options.

    Loki felt his heart beating rapidly when he saw her smile. His mark was tingly and he already missed the presence of the white haired girl. His feelings when he was around her were going crazy. He was realizing he was feeling lonely whenever she hadn't come to visit him yet. He was honestly afraid of stepping out of the cell, afraid the team would try to attack him or send him back to Asgard. However, he was starting to want to get out so he could see the world through her eyes.

    Shadow searched through each and every tea packet they had in stock. Nothing screamed Loki to her except for maybe her own tea remedy. She figured she would just make his tea like she does her own, and hoped that he liked it. She took the honey first and drizzled it along the inside of the mug. Once that was done, she put in the tea bag and poured in the boiling water. She took a small spoon and stirred it, helping the tea dissolve into the water. She figured she would throw in a little extra honey for good measure, and carried the mug back to Loki.