Chapter 16

Shadow looked down below to see Cap and the red haired lady fighting against a large number of monsters. She flew down just as the woman was being thrown on to a car.

"Oh no you don't?!" She yelled as the alien was about to stab the woman with the spear, turning the monster to ashes. The lady grabbed the spear and pointed it in her direction, but the mysterious girl was gone. Cap jumped behind Widow and she turned the spear towards him. She lowered the spear and was trying to catch her breath.

"Captain, none of this is going to mean a damn thing if we don't close that portal." They both looked up at the portal thinking of what could help the situation.

"Our biggest guns couldn't touch it." Cap exclaims.

"Well maybe it's not about guns." Widow concluded.

"If you wanna get up there you're gonna need a ride."

Widow looked at the Captain pointedly and glanced at the vessels flying above them. "I've got a ride. Could use a boost though." She yelled backing up to get herself a head start.

"You sure about this?" Cap asked hesitantly. Widow glanced up nervously and then looked back to Cap and shrugged.

"Yeah. It's gonna be fun." She sprinted towards the car next to Cap, pushed off with her foot and landed on his shield and he pushed her up into the sky. He smiled in amazement when she grabbed onto the vessel and took off.

When Cap wasn't paying attention, another Chitauri was sneaking up on him with its gun. It shot at him and Shadow jumped in front of him blocking the blast. Cap had covered his face with his shield too late but noticed he hadn't been hit. Shadow was pissed. She was tired of these aliens destroying her world and she was building her power gradually. Her arms danced with flames and shot at the creatures turning each one left and right to ash.

Cap saw the girl blasting the Chitauri with fire, grateful that she had helped him out. He realized this was the person who had stopped that other vessel that threaten to harm those officers. He started throwing his shield taking out other creatures, depleting the number of them in the area with the help of this mysterious woman. Her long white hair blew gracefully in the wind while she fought and Steve wondered where she had come from and why she chose to help them.

She quickly flew up to help out the red haired lady who was struggling on the vessel, seeing as the Captain could handle himself. Shadow watched as she cut the chain of the gunner attached to the vehicle and then stabbed the pilot with two knives to be able to drive the ship. Shadow noticed two more vessels catching up behind the redhead and started trying to torch them before she got hurt. Stark appeared from the other side taking out the other vessel.

"Uhhhh does anyone else see flaming Cinderella turning these creatures to dust?" Stark asks confused.

"Yeah she's been helping us. She's a friendly." Barton answers back.

"Alright. Things just get freakier and freakier around here," Stark concludes.

Stark flew down to the street in Caps direction, blasting the vile creatures. He started fighting along side Cap, using his shield as a deflector for his repulsion beams. Shadow flew back up to the building where Barton was shooting his arrows. She was incinerating any creature that came close to them, wanting to rid the Earth of their existence. Hulk and Thor were fighting Chitauri on top of the Leviathan taking them out swiftly.

"Captain, the bank on 42nd past Madison. They've cornered a lot of civilians there." Shadow heard Bartons voice warn Cap. She flew down towards the bank, planning to help the Captain. When she landed, she waited for him to show before making a move. She saw him jump through a shattered window, throwing his shield to knock out a creature that held a bomb. The other Chitauri soldiers turned towards him and started shooting. Shadow made her way around the back, going unnoticed. When Cap kicked the table towards the two aliens shooting at him, Shadow jumped in, punching and kicking the ugly beings.