Chapter 66

The team stood tensed, confused, and angry in the lab. No one would speak. They were trying to wrap their heads around what had happened. Tony stared, frozen, as he looked over his destroyed Legions. Shadow knew what was going on in his head. He was afraid. His fear was real. Shadow could see it was tearing everyone else apart because they felt that Stark had betrayed them. Bruce hurriedly looked through his research and their shared databases, looking for anything as nervousness spread.

"All of our work is gone. Ultron cleared out. He used the Internet as an escape hatch." He sighed, pushing his glasses back up the bridge of his nose.

"He's been in everything. Files, surveillance," Natasha called out. Crossing her arms she leaned against some shelves. "Probably knows more about us than we know about each other."

Clint glanced nervously towards Shadow. Shadow stood close to Loki and Bucky. Her safe space.

Rhodes held his arm, his shoulder still sore from the impact of falling. "He's in your files, he's in the Internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?"

Maria looked up in realization, "Nuclear codes..."

Natasha shook her head. "Nukes? He said he wanted us dead."

Steve scoffed. "He didn't say dead. He said extinct."

"He also said he killed somebody." Clint jumped in.

Maria looked confused. "There wasn't anyone else in the building."

"Yes there was. Jarvis." Shadow interjected quickly.

Tony sighed and swung forward his device, revealing the holographic form of Jarvis, literally in pieces. Bruce stood slowly from his desk and stepped toward the figure.

"Jarvis was the first line of defense...he would try to stop Ultron, it would make sense." Steve sighed.

Bruce shook his head again. "No, no. Ultron could have assimilated Jarvis. This isn't strategy. This is -,"

"Rage." Loki interrupted. Everyone eyed the god, nodding their head at his comment.

Loud footsteps could be heard storming into the lab. Thor came rushing in, storming straight towards Tony. He gripped him by the throat raising him up in the air. Tony gasped for air, holding onto Thor's wrist so he wouldn't fall.

"Woah, woah, woah." Steve rushed to reach out for Thor.

"Come on, use your words, buddy." Stark whispered out.

Thor smirked, his anger rolling off of him. "I have more than enough words to describe you, Stark."

Shadow couldn't stand to see them fight. She raised her hand, controlling Thor's body to pull his arm away and hold his arms and legs together by their side. Tony fell to the floor, catching his fall on shaky legs. The team watched Shadow with shocked expressions. White wisps floated around Thor's limbs, showing that she was in control.

"We will not turn against one another. I have a feeling that is exactly what Ultron wants. We will find a way to fix this." She spoke sternly, looking at everyone that stood within the room. There was a solemn look between a few, but they nodded their heads again. She turned her glare back to Thor, in which he nodded his head and relaxed. Shadow let go of her hold on him and gave her brother a soft smile.

"The legionnaire Thor?" Steve asked.

"Trail went cold about 100 miles out, but it's headed north. It has the scepter. Now we have to retrieve it, again." Thor scrunched his nose in disgust. He was upset, but he was trying to control his anger.