Chapter 64

Flying home in the jet was nothing different than before. It was quiet, other than the occasionally pacing between Thor and Steve and the natural sounds the jet would make. They kept eyeing the scepter, content smiles on their faces. Tony had been unusually silent. Natasha was checking on Bruce, since the man was ultimately upset that he had to 'hulk out'. Clint was taking a nap, the effects from Shadow's healing causing him to need rest in order to recuperate. The sorceress, on the other hand...stared directly into the blue orb that graced the tip of the scepter.

She could feel the power radiating from within. In moments, she could hear what seemed to be voices, yet she couldn't decipher what was being said. It was eerie that it felt like it was trying to communicate with her, draw her in...but not in a bad way. In truth, the power was dangerous, but it felt as if it was something familiar to her.

Once they were close to landing, Stark had Dr. Cho set things up in Bruce and Tony's lab. They wanted to make sure that everything with Clint's tissues were healed correctly and Cho had some research she wanted to run by Bruce. The billionaire also couldn't wait for another opportunity for there to be a party. Thankfully, Steve was actually on board with the idea...willing to celebrate a bigger victory they had achieved over Hydra. Shadow observed Tony from afar, noticing how uptight and shifty he had become. He was playing it off well, but the slight differences were noticed after what the witch had done back at the base.

Shadow was still a little anxious to get home to her room. She hadn't been hurt during the mission, only collecting a few scratches here and there. They healed within minutes, really only leaving dirt and messy hair upon her appearance. She needed to speak with Loki and Bucky both. She was unsettled at the two enhanced assets Strucker had created. She wondered if Bucky remembered anything about them when he was in Hydra. Her magic was another topic of discussion. It seemed to be evolving, and she wasn't sure at which rate that it was and just how far it was going.

    The smart ones and the man who always seemed to be injured, followed Dr. Cho towards the lab. Natasha hurried behind Bruce, worry still lingering on the two people she cared about in different ways. Thor hurriedly picked up the scepter in it's protective box, and carried it like a football out of the jet before anyone else could even think of touching it. Steve was greeted immediately by Maria Hill, who had walked in to inform him of their findings on the new 'players', as Steve had called them.

    "What's the word on the two Enhanced?"

    Maria handed Steve the large tablet carefully. Shadow walked behind them, wanting to know anything about them. She hoped that something could ease her mind about what she saw and felt. On the screen were two people, a girl and a boy. They looked young but Shadow wasn't sure at exactly how young they actually were.

    "Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. Twins." Steve swiped the screen. A video played on the screen. They were present at some protest or mob gathering. "Orphaned at 10 when a shell collapsed their apartment building. Sokovia's had a rough history. It's nowhere special, but it's on the way to everywhere special."

    Steve continued to follow beside Hill, noticing that Shadow was following as well. "And their abilities?"

    She has powers beyond anything we can compute. Telekinesis sure and can mess with others minds...but there is something else. The brother...super fast.

    Shadow thought swiftly. She knew that Wanda would either be a threat to the Avengers and the entire world, or an amazing addition to the team. Even though right now it seems she wasn't on the heroes sides.

    "He's got increased metabolism and improved thermal homeostasis. Her thing is neuroelectric interfacing, telekinesis, mental manipulation-," Steve's lost stare interrupted Hill's speech entirely. She rolled her eyes and threw her hands up with a soft sigh. "He's fast and she's weird."