Chapter 11

So...we already know that soulmates are thing. It would be obvious that when Shadow had her own special soulmates, that the rest of the Avengers would have their own soulmates as well. Even though Shadow has yet to meet the Avengers yet, a little backstory on who these remarkable people are would do some good.

    We know our special little genius, Tony Stark had his...'playboy' days...but what people don't know is that was mainly all for show. He was a bit immature in thinking that grand idea was a positive plan to help keep some sort of press on his business.. but hey, he is the genius. He knew he had a soulmate. He got his soul mark when he was about 19 years old. His mark appeared on his right shoulder.

    It was a beautiful lioness with dainty flowers around its neck

    It was a beautiful lioness with dainty flowers around its neck. He looked forward to meeting his soulmate in the future. He had hoped sooner, rather than later, but fate has a plan. He watched his father and mother work so well together. When they died, Tony was only 21 years old. He grew irritable at the thought of soulmates and lived a bachelor lifestyle while he grew his business. Even though he portrayed himself to be this playboy of sorts, he was never unfaithful to his soulmate. He would seek out a sort of companionship with these women he took to his room, but he never went all the way. At the peak of his career, when he got captured, he learned he needed to change up his image in the slightest and steer away from the explosive weapons industry.

    When he had made a name for Stark Industries, he wanted to do more for the world and even for himself. That is when he met his soulmate. The beautiful, and independent boss woman, Virginia 'Pepper' Potts. She had applied to work for his company after working for Aldrich Killian. She got a job at Stark Industries working in finances. One day, she found a horrible error in Starks calculations that could have costed his company billions of dollars. She rushed to his office to get the error corrected immediately, where she was threatened to be forcefully removed by Starks bodyguards. She quickly told the guards that if they touched her, she would use the pepper spray that was in her purse.

    Tony saw quickly through her lie, but was intrigued by her determination and her fiery nature. He listened to what she needed, then hired her as his personal assistant, not before nicknaming her Pepper. Once they were working together, they got extremely close, learning that they were in fact soulmates. Pepper could really run the business and help keep the hero in line.

    Natasha Romanoff and Bruce Banner never ended up with marks. Since Natasha was a part of the Red Room, she never worried about soulmates. They forced their girls to accept that they wouldn't have soulmates if they stepped out into the real world. Being a spy, she did not see the need for a soulmate because she believed it would have made her job harder. Once she was saved by Barton, she started working for Shield. She loved being around Barton, his soulmate Laura and their kids. Since she couldn't have any of her own, she treated them like her nieces and nephews.

    When Banner became the Hulk, he knew there was no chance of him having a soulmate, let alone accepting them. He vowed he wouldn't think twice in telling his soulmate to run from him because of the creature he was. He grew to being content with running away and helping people when he went into hiding from the United States government.