Chapter 27

Shadow was playing with the hem of her fighting gear as she and the team were getting ready to go on their mission. The team seemed to be fine, but Shadow was a ball of nerves. She didn't understand why Fury needed her to do this when Tony could set fire to the building with his suit.

    "Are you ready Shadow?" Nat questioned the girl. Shadow looked up at the spy and drew her lips in a tight line.

    "As ready as I'll ever be." Nat could feel the emotions running off of the new team member. Shadow stood and double checked her gear, making sure she put all of her daggers and her gun on her hips. Her hair was in a long braid and she grabbed her cloak. (Imagine her cloak is black)

    Shadow followed the spy into the common living area where the rest of the team was waiting

    Shadow followed the spy into the common living area where the rest of the team was waiting. Thor, Loki, and Banner were all standing to see us off. Loki's eyes immediately locked onto the girl with the long white hair as she walked into the room. She really was a beautiful woman to him...captivating but seemed also deadly. He looked at her gear that she wore, feeling like she looked of a different time, but it suited her.

    Shadow stood by Thor and Loki, sneaking a glance at the god that stood above her. His lips twitched upward, showing the smallest glimpse of a smile before he turned to the group with his usual straight face.

    "Alright gang...We got a mission to complete so lets get it done. Cap lets go over the plan before we head out." Tony started...standing fully in his suit just without his face mask.

    "Barton, you are to pilot the jet. Make sure to have your arrows on you just in case if you are needed. The rest of us, we are splitting up into teams. Once we get to the building, Tony will scan it for any hidden enemies. Once we are clear, Nat and I will go in through the side entryway first. We will make our way to the control room area, checking for our weapons and information. When we find the weapons, we will mark that room so that all of us can carry them back to the jet last. Nat will retrieve the stolen data on the flash drive Stark encrypted while I look for any records on file in paper and stand guard." Cap commanded.

    "While we are doing that, I want Tony in the skies, looking out for potential threats we may not see. We keep our coms on at all times to communicate with one another. Shadow, you will stay hidden close to the entrance of the warehouse. Once Nat and I are done getting the information, you come in and help us retrieve weapons, information, whatever. Once everything's good, you light it up and get back to the jet as quick as you can." Cap finished and everyone nodded. Shadow still felt uneasy about everything and stepped closer to Loki.

    "What if someone shows up? What do we do then?" Shadow blurted.

    "Good question. If someone shows up, try to stay hidden and evade the person. However, if that person or group of people knows we are there and begins to attack, our main priority is the information. If it comes to that, leave the weapons behind, light the building on fire and fight like hell to get to the jet." Steve concluded.