Chapter 55

Shadow changed into her workout gear so she could meet Bucky in the training room. She was tired from the lack of sleep she had gotten, but shrugged it off anyways. She wasn't going to worry anyone with that issue anytime soon. Bucky understood why sleep wasn't the most pleasant thing.

    She chose to wear biker shorts and a long sleeve top

She chose to wear biker shorts and a long sleeve top. She felt like covering her scars was important. She didn't want anyone else's eyes on those wounds. She slowly rubbed the red bruised marks that were still healing on her wrists from where Hydra burnt off the cuffs Tony had given her.

I just wish these marks would heal already...

She pulled the sleeves of her shirt over her thumbs and threw on her shoes. She put her long white hair into a braid. It would help keep it out of her face while she sparred with Bucky.

 It would help keep it out of her face while she sparred with Bucky

She made it down to the training room in time. She followed the sounds of thumps and grunting. She eventually found Bucky already working against a punching bag in the corner. When he heard her steps, he stilled his movements and turned. As his eyes raked over her form, he couldn't help but swallow.

Good lord, she looks amazing.

He broke his gaze immediately, trying to keep his thoughts at a minimum. He promised he would move on her time, yet it was slowly proving hard to do. Shadow moved over to the boxing ring and set down her things. She began to stretch on the floor, giving her tired muscles a chance to move and breathe. Bucky stopped what he was doing to go over to her.

"You up for sparring, doll?" His eyebrow was raised and there was this glint in his eye.

Shadow chuckled and continued to stretch. "I thought you'd never ask soldier."

Bucky offered her his hand. She eyed his arm then placed her hand in his grasp. Once she got a firm grip, she used her force to pull Bucky down on the ground next to her. She sprung up and jumped into the ring as Bucky groaned at the unexpected movement.

"Oh, did I forget to tell you that we already started? Opps." Shadow teased.

Bucky sat himself up, a determined look on his face. "Oh...you're going to get it."