Chapter 51

"HOW COULD WE LOSE HER!?" Tony screamed.

He was pacing back and forth still in his iron suit in the common area. Everyone else looked pissed and even guilty as they hung their heads.

"I'm looking over the security footage Tony. Please just try to take a breath. We are all trying to figure out what happened." Bruce replied in a shaky voice.

They had all just gotten back to the tower after Jarvis warned them that someone was in Shadow's room. Jarvis had the tower on lockdown but the culprit found their way in through Shadow's open window. Clint and Tony were equally angry because they worried upon Shadow like she was their own sister.

"Wait...I've got something." Bruce muttered.

Everyone rushed over to the computers. They watched the security footage Bruce patched together and watched as Shadow flew out of her window to go look at the night sky. After she left, a dark figure climbed through the window and hid themselves in the dark. They placed something in her drink which later put her into a drug induced sleep.

"It was all a trap..." Nat concluded. Steve and Clint looked at her confused. She shook her head. "No. I'm serious. They lured us all out to that warehouse. We didn't find a bomb like we thought we would. It was an easy battle. None of us got seriously hurt. They took us away from the tower hoping we would leave her alone."

"I should have known..." Tony whispered, wiping his face with his hand. Clint placed a hand on his shoulder.

"None of us realized. We thought we were doing our jobs. Now let's just work on finding her. Hydra took her...I'm assuming, right?" Clint asked.

Steve nodded. "It has to be. Bruce did you find anything on any of the outside cameras following them when they took her out?"

Bruce grunted. "Ugh...no. They just disappeared once they left the tower. But wait...was she still wearing the cuffs you gave her to wear Tony?"

Tony's eyes lit up. "You big green genius." He rushed over to the computer to plug in the communicating services of the trackers in her cuffs. He worked fast with Bruce in hopes they wouldn't lose the signal.

"I guess all we do now is sit and wait. We can't go up against Hydra if we don't know what they're planning." Steve sighed sadly.

"I'll let Fury know what happened. He will need to be in the loop. Once you get a signal let us know. Let's just pray that they don't try to remove them." Nat insisted. She left the room to talk to Nick privately. Steve and Clint sat and watched the two scientist bros work their magic, praying they could get their teammate back.

Everyone was too focused on the task at hand to notice a new presence in the room. She cleared her throat to bring their attention to her.

Um. Pardon my intrusion but we have an emergency.

The men jumped and stared wide eyed at the Queen standing before them.

"Is there any ways to put bells on ghosts? Because I'm one more appearance away from a heart attack." Tony joked in his usual sarcasm.

Frigga glared in his direction. She meant business and wasn't appreciative of his joking manner.

"What emergency are you referring to?" Steve asked kindly.

It's Shadow. She's in grave danger. She called out to me. I can't see her but I could hear her.

They could tell the Queen was concerned yet she still held herself with great poise and calmness.