Chapter 80

When Steve finally made it back to the bar, Sam was trying his best not to freak out. It didn't take him all that long to figure out why Sam was acting the way he was.

    "She's gone, isn't she," was all he said.

    Sam froze then dropped his head. "Yes. I just went to the bathroom then..." Steve pat him on the shoulder trying to calm his nerves. "How's Nat?" He sighed, trying to change the subject.

    Steve fidgeted with his phone, twirling it between his fingers. "She's fine. Told us to stay out of it. You know I'm not doing that."

    Sam nodded. "Yes. She only said it because of the Accords. They'll arrest us if we get caught, won't they?"

    Steve and him locked eyes through their sunglasses. "Yes. But I want to make sure no harm comes to Bucky."

    A figure slid in beside Steve, both men hushing their conversation so unwanted ears wouldn't hear what they discussed. Sharon slid a file to Steve on the bar top.

    "There are an outrageous number of tips coming in from...everywhere about Barnes. Everyone thinks the Winter Soldier goes to their gym. This one though," she paused nodding towards the folder. "This is more than likely the best and only lead they will follow. Hopefully this will give you a bit of a head start but you need to hurry. We have orders to shoot on site."

    Just before Sharon was about to turn away, she noticed the witch wasn't with them. "Where is your friend?" Sam caught the change in her tone. Steve faltered at her curious question, Shadow's warning popping into his head.

    "She was just getting some air. Thanks." Steve nodded and handed the folder back after reading the coordinates. Sharon hurried back to her post, hoping she didn't draw attention to herself when she slipped back into the crowd of FBI officials.

    Sam nudged Steve towards the exit, heading in the direction of the alley they first got dropped off in. "Where do you think she went?"

    Steve gave Sam a smug grin. "Where do you think?"

    Sam scrunched his eyebrows, "Bucky? How did she find out before us?"

    Steve shrugged his shoulders, "Not sure but we need to go. You got your suit?" Sam nodded pulling down the collar of his shirt to reveal his suit underneath. Steve scoffed and shook his head. "Well good, because I got us a ride."

    Steve got in touch with a specific Shield agent that owed him a favor. Not far from the local airport, a smaller version of the Quinjet was waiting for them. They ran through some woods in order to stay hidden and jumped on board. They were on their way to Bucharest in hopes they would find both Bucky and Shadow waiting on them.

    Even though Shadow had made it at least an hour before anyone else did, she was having trouble locating her mate. Bucharest was a busy place. There were tons of shops and markets around, as well as fruit and produce stalls. Small cars and bikes whizzed through the streets and beautiful buildings loomed overhead. Shadow changed her lighter blonde hair to more of a dirty blonde and changed her eyes back to a hazel color to blend in with the locals.

    She was searching purely off instinct putting herself in places she felt only Bucky would be in. After a while, she was getting nervous that she was wasting time and that she would be caught soon...or worse, Bucky would be caught. As she tuned into her mating bond, her head continued to throb. She was sure she was still hot, feeling the smallest layer of sweat still sitting on the surface of her skin. She stood on the street corner near some smaller shops and markets to try her luck once again. She closed her eyes and began to focus on the world around her.