Chapter 28

Loki sat for three days, watching and waiting for Shadow to wake up. Her vitals stayed the same. Banner always came to check on how she was doing and reassured Loki that she should wake soon. Loki never left the witch's side. He held her hand softly, rubbing his thumb across the top of her knuckles. He missed her shining blue eyes.

Loki stared at his mark on Shadows arms. He admired the elegant dagger and the butterfly that sat within the shaft. He wanted to touch her mark. He wanted to accept the bond with her, so that he could make sure she was safe at all times. He didn't want her to be in another situation like before and him not know. It was eating him alive that he didn't know how Shadow was feeling or how he could help.

Loki figured accepting the mate bond was the next best choice, because when he went to look inside her head while she was passed out, he couldn't see anything. He had never met anyone who could block him out. He could always find a way in, but not with her.

Loki sat stiffly next to Shadow on the hospital bed. He hadn't showered, changed, or eaten since he had been in the hospital with Shadow. The team always checked up on him, but he rarely said much, just chose to nod in thanks. He realized that they were all trying to help him, so he felt no reason to be cold. He was only focused on his mate.

Loki slowly reached up Shadows arm, his hands inching closer to his mark on his mates soft pale skin. He softly placed his hands on top of the mark, feeling the burst of sparks. He watched as her mark was encased in a golden glow, and he felt this whole new connection to the woman in front of him. He could feel her emotions, her feelings...but most of all, the love she was starting to feel for the god.

Loki was shocked. This beautiful girl had actually started to feel these intense feelings for him in only knowing each other for just a short few months. He could feel the swirls of emotions of how she felt when he was around her. He could feel her happiness and her nervousness. He could also feel the times when he had made her sad when he pushed her away, but those feelings washed away when Shadow had come to understand his actions.

The feelings that troubled Loki the most, were these dark feelings in the form of some ominous black cloud, looming over every emotion and memory Shadow was unconsciously pushing onto Loki. He could feel the darkness trying to take over, but something was holding it back.

Loki smiled to himself as the bond had completed and he knew his mate was okay. He heard the door to the med bay open behind him. He looked up from Shadow to see Tony walking in.

"Banner told me she should wake up soon. You should really get yourself a shower for when she wakes up," Tony expressed to the god. He knew Loki hadn't showered in almost three days, but he didn't seem to smell like teenagers with bad B.O.

Damn these gods and their incredible...everything.

Loki chuckled at Tony's thoughts.

"Yes, lucky us gods that we don't have to shower as often for fear of smelling like we rolled in garbage after a few days like mortals," Loki jeered back with a smirk on his face. Tony stood shocked, forgetting Loki could read minds. He shook if off and walked towards Loki. He went to grab Loki's wrists, but Loki refused to let go of Shadows hands. Tony rolled his eyes and motioned for Loki to give him his hands.

"Let me see those cuffs Reindeer Games. I promise I will let you go back to your witchling in just a second."

Loki hesitantly handed him his arms, watching as Tony played with the cuffs. Loki heard a funny sound and then a weight lifting off his body. He looked curiously as Tony stepped away once he was finished.

"I loosened the restrictions on your cuffs. You proved yourself enough when you helped out Shadow. Yes, we know she is your mate, but she is also an Avenger. Keep helping out like that and those things will be off in no time."