Chapter 12

"Ughhhh...I feel as though I have been hit by a bus," Shadow groaned and slowly opened her eyes. She looked around her apartment to see that she was halfway laying on the floor, and a leg and a half was dangling from the bed. "Oh that makes sense."

    Shadow moved her dead weight limbs off of the bed and let them thud onto the old floorboards. She slowly crawled her way to the bathroom. She reached over her tub and turned on the hot water. She knew she needed a hot bath to soothe her muscles after using her magic last night. She stayed slumped against the wall, sitting on the floor, and started taking off her clothes. Once the tub was full, she turned off the water and threw in her favorite lavender vanilla scented bath bomb while also sprinkling in some bath soap of the same scent.

Just as the bathroom was filled with that intoxicating scent, she slowly moved her way to the side of the tub, working to push herself up and over into the scalding water. She closed her eyes and sank down to where the water met her chin, letting her body and her hair be soaked in the welcoming water. Her body wasn't used to her using this much magic lately, but the slight paralysis of her body after each time she overworked herself was getting lighter and lighter each time.  She was now using her magic for hours, maybe about 5 hours tops before completely giving out. She wanted to keep practicing to make her skills even better, but she knew the only thing she needed right now was a lot of food to replenish her energy.

As Shadow's skin started pruning and the water was now cold, she pulled the plug from the bath to let the water drain. She grabbed a towel to wrap her damp hair in and proceeded to lift herself up out of the tub. Wrapping the other towel around her body, she went to go pick out her outfit for the day. Shadow stepped up to the window of her apartment and opened it slightly to feel the afternoon air rush in. It wasn't chilly but it wasn't warm either. Shadow shut the window and walked to her closet.

    Shadow thought it best that she just wear comfortable clothes since her body was still recovering

Shadow thought it best that she just wear comfortable clothes since her body was still recovering. She picked out a slightly baggy T-shirt and a pair of black leggings. She pulled on her black converse and let her long hair out of the towel. She walked into the bathroom to blow dry her long locks.  She left her hair in its naturally wavy state and was content with her look. She put her hair up into a loose messy bun to keep her hair out of her face in the wind.

 She put her hair up into a loose messy bun to keep her hair out of her face in the wind