Chapter 9

It was another day in the hidden facility where Hydra kept all of their secrets. I was laying on the cold hard floor of the cell that was my 'home'. I could hear guards outside my door and others walking through the halls. My super senses being incredibly sensitive in the morning...or night. There were no windows so I guess I don't really know what time it is.

    I was moved to this facility a few years after being tricked by Pierce and Hydra. I know I am somewhere in Russia. I could hear the language that most of the soldiers and nurses used. I had tried to escape a few times already, but every attempt I made was futile. I was punished every time. I groaned as I tried to move my tired body off the floor. I could hear steps coming to my door and I didn't want anyone getting the satisfaction of seeing me like this after the night I had last night.

    They had injected me with more fluids and liquids. I had lost track of how many things they had put in my body. I knew that my strength, sight, and hearing were all signs of the super soldier serum that they gave me the first day I was kept. I think I had heard Strucker say too my improved immunity made it to where I couldn't be made sick, like poisoned. They also tested my aging abilities and I knew that...even though I hadn't aged much since Hydra found me...they had altered my genes even more that I was healing faster than normal. I was also going to be aging a whole lot slower than before. Not fully immortal but pretty much.

    The door was yanked open and the metal screeched to a halt. I winced hearing the awful sound and knew that Pierce was here to greet me.

    "Time to get up Shadow. Either you do it willingly or the guards will drag you. Your choice." He challenged. I looked up at him through my silver hair covering my face. I scoffed and turned my head away from him. I was not going to let him have control over me. Pierce signaled to the guards and they both rushed in my room.

    I tensed away from them and swatted at their hands to keep them from touching me. I couldn't overpower the dumb hunks because they had suppressed my abilities again last night. The guards roughly grabbed my already bruised arms and pulled me up to my feet. I couldn't get a bearing on with my legs in time when they started walking towards the testing room. I immediately starting putting all my weight into trying to keep me from going into that wretched room.

    "NO NO NO...Don't take me in there. No more needles pleaasseeee." I pleaded frantically. I pulled and pulled at the grips that the guards had on my arms. They pulled me into the room and just when we entered, I caught one of the guards off guard and kicked him in the back of the legs causing him to fall down. Just as his knees hit the ground, I hiked up my other knee and got him on the side of his face. I quickly regretted that when the other guard punched me square in the face, causing my head to whip to the side.

    The pain of the punch stung, and I gently touched the side of the face he had hit me on. He laughed in my face then punched me again in the gut, causing me to double over in pain. They threw me on the ground in the middle of the room and locked the door. They stood at the exit, guarding my only point of escape...as if I could even leave.

    "Testing can begin." I heard buzzing over the speaker in the room. The only thing in the room other than the guards and myself were two cameras and the wall to wall mirror in front of me. I knew it was a double way mirror. I knew those cowards were on the other side of there. Suddenly a small doorway opened up and a big bulky woman walked into the room. She was wearing an all black looking leotard. She stalked towards me with poise and stood in front of me. I didn't know what was happening. They had never done a test like this before.

    Before I could even blink the woman slapped me. I was stunned. I barely recovered when another hit came across my face again. SLAPPP!! My ears were ringing. I couldn't think straight. I started to put my hands up to protect myself and the woman laughed.