Chapter 8

The new year was not as forthcoming for Fury this year. Nick Fury, Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. The man with a plan...

The first several months of the year were starting to unravel a scary possible future for Fury and the world. The Tesseract was stolen from a S.H.I.E.L.D base by Loki, God of Mischief from Asgard. During that time, Dr. Selvig and Hawkeye were compromised. Loki used some spear to take control of their minds to use them in getting his hands on the glowing blue cube. After the base collapsed within itself due to the unstable object, Fury knew that they were at a Level Seven.

Fury, Maria Hill, and Phil Coulson started working on gathering the most remarkable people in hopes that they could come together. The Avengers Initiative is what it was called. Even though the World Security Council scratched out the initiative...Fury knew better than to follow their orders. He knew he needed a team that could come together to be what the world needed. And right now...the world needed saving.

Coulson first sought out Black Widow. Natasha Romanoff. She was off in Russia, interrogating a group of generals...while she was tied up. Once she found out Clint Barton...Hawkeye... was compromised she agreed to help them out. They sent her on behalf of S.H.I.E.L.D to retrieve...the big guy. Natasha lures in Bruce Banner to a hut on the outskirts of Kolkata, where he was hiding from the United States Armed Forces. Shocked that they had found him, he tries to reason with Natasha, letting her know the big guy might not want to be apart of the team. Natasha convinced him to join to at least help find the cube.

Next, Fury goes to get Steve Rogers...a man who was frozen in ice for almost 70 years. Rogers, also known as Captain America, decided to see for himself how the world needed saving. After that, the only person left to get was Tony Stark...developer of Stark Tower. He finally had gotten his tower to be powered by the first sustainable energy source ever in the entire world. Being the genius that he was, he knew he had homework to do in order to find the Tesseract with Dr. Banner and help stop the threat so he could get back to his life with Pepper Potts.

Fury got Rogers, Banner, and Romanoff onto the helicarrier and started running traces on facial recognition to help find Loki and Barton. Once Banner got a hold of the technology to narrow the searches, the computer found that Loki was in Stuttgart, Germany...but he wasn't exactly hiding. Barton had told Loki to create a distraction to steal Iridium. When Loki tried to hurt a civilian, Captain America appeared and started fighting the god. Iron Man shows up and helps take Loki into custody upon the Quinjet, however, Cap knew something wasn't right. It was too easy.

Fury on radio to Romanoff - "Is he saying anything?"

"Not a word"

Cap looked back at Loki with a concerned look on his face. He turned to Stark, putting his back to the god sitting silently behind him.

"I don't like it." He murmured.

"What...Rock of Ages giving up so easy?" Stark scoffed questioning the captain.

"I don't remember it being that easy. This guy packs a wallop." Steve looks at Loki nervously. Stark rolls his eyes.

"Still, you are pretty spry for an older fellow." He gives Cap a slight smirk as they look at each other. "What's your thing? Pilates?" He laughs.

"What?"

"It's like calisthenics. You might have missed a could things...you know...doing time as a Capsicle." Steve stared coldly at Stark. He didn't miss a beat in a moment to jab at the egotistical man.

"Fury didn't tell me he was calling you in."

"Yeah. There's a lot of things Fury doesn't tell you."