Chapter 34

Meanwhile, on Asgard...

Thor was waiting for Loki at the entrance of the Bifrost. Loki landed on the gold shining platform, frustrated that he had to leave his soulmate behind. Loki stepped forward, nodding his head towards Heimdall and walking around the platform to see his brother waiting for him. As Loki got closer, he saw that guards were waiting behind Thor.

"What is the meaning of this Thor?"

Thor's face looked conflicted. "Look. Odin ordered this."

Loki stood, feeling stupid for falling for this trap. Thor walked up to Loki, creating further distance between him and the guards. He leaned in to whisper into Loki's ear while he pretended to hug him.

"Hug me back brother. Mother and I are already working on a way to get you out. Father is losing his mind for doing this when you have been redeeming yourself like you were asked. Just be patient with us please."

Thor pulled back and offered a awkward smile to his brother, patting him on both shoulders. The guards walked forward, putting chains around Loki's neck, hands, and feet. Loki held his composure as best as he could for fear that if something else happened that angered Odin, he wouldn't be able to see her again.

As the guards started pulling Loki towards the palace, he turned towards Heimdall.

"Please make sure she is safe." His pleading voice reached Heimdall's ears.

Heimdall, of course, knew who Loki was talking about as he nodded. "Of course Prince Loki."

The group made it to the palace, entering the throne room where Loki knew Odin was waiting. He wasn't looking forward to seeing him again, for all Odin truly cared about was Thor.

As Loki got closer to the throne where Odin sat, he saw his mother, Frigga, standing off to the side. He gave her a soft smile, happy to be able to see her again.

"Loki." Her soft voice filled the air.

"Hello, Mother. Have I made you proud?" Loki's voice was taunting, yet his mother knew the true meaning behind the his tone.

I am proud that you have begun your journey to redeeming yourself. Thor told me everything. Now watch your words around Odin.

Frigga spoke to Loki through his thoughts, not wanting anyone else to hear the private conversation. She kept a straight disappointing face so Odin couldn't decipher her true emotions.

"Please, don't make this worse." Frigga watched her son, making sure he understood that she was trying to help him. Loki played along, keeping up his troubled and struggling façade. Deep down he was struggling and in a lot of pain, but only Frigga could feel it. She knew Loki had found his soulmate.

"Define worse."

"Enough!" Odin's voice echoed in the throne room.

Loki's eyes snapped up to the King, irritated that Odin would not allow him to speak to his mother.

"I will speak to the prisoner...alone."

Frigga looked back at Odin, eyes glaring into his own. She turned one last time to Loki.

Please be careful, my son. I will make sure you get back to her.