Just Pretending (#8)

Told in a modern AU

Kakashi's p.o.v

I close my locker as my friend goes on about how I'm going to go to prom since I broke up with my boyfriend.

"Rin, I'll be fine. I just won't go. I never do." I said.

"Kakashi! It's our senior year! You have to go!" Rin said.

"Well what do you want me to do? You're going with Konan so it's not like I can go with you as friends." I said.

"Ask Obito." Rin said.

"What? No. We don't talk anymore. We're not even friends." I said.

"Come on. The only reason that you guys aren't friends is because of when you got drunk and you guys made out." Rin said.

"That's not true. It's not the only reason." I said.

"Oh really? What's the other reason?" Rin asked.

"He's been ignoring me and whenever I walk into a room he walks out." I said. "Plus I don't know if I wanna be friends with someone who knew I was drunk and still made out with me anyway even though he was sober."

"Kakashi, he appoligized thousands of times. That doesn't make it right, but I can see how much you like him. Why not forgive him?" Rin said.

"Okay, fine. I'll ask." I said.

"Great. Do it today. See you later." She said then walked off.

We still had 10 minutes before class since school hadn't even started yet. I walked over to where I knew he and his friends hung out. Outside in the bleachers is where I found them.

His stupid friends start whistling when I walked over to them and I just rolled ny eyes. He smacked each one that was whistling and walked down to me.

"Hey. Let's go somewhere more private." He said.

I nodded. We headed to this place on the other side of the football feild and sat under the bleachers.

"Hey, so what did you need?" He asked.

"Have you heard me and Tenzo broke up?" I asked.

"Yeah, he's been telling anyone who would listen that your a cheater." Obito said.

"Yeah, well now I don't have anyone to go to prom with. Are you going with someone?" I asked.

"No. If I'm being honest, I was hoping you would ask me." He said.

"Well it's your lucky day because that's what I'm here to do." I said.

"Really?" He asked, getting excited.

"Only because Rin told me to. Just pretend to be my date." I said.

"What if I was your real date?" He asked.

"Obito..." I said. "I still haven't forgiven you for the drunk situation."

"Oh, right." He said. "I'm really really sorry. It was stupid of me. I thought if it wouldn't happen on it's own I could make it happen, but I'm sorry. I was being stupid, and plus you had a boyfriend. I'm sorry. I was the reason you two broke up and I'm sorry about that. I really am."

"You weren't the reason me and Tenzo broke up. You're not that special. Tenzo was already not a very good boyfriend." I said.

"Oh, then why were you with him?" He asked.

"I wanted to forget about someone I guess, and he helped me do that." I said.

"Oh." Obito said.

"Anyway, if you're taking me to prom, we have to set some rules." I said.