Afraid (#10)

Obito's p.o.v

Kakashi is so pretty. Like the way his hair falls so perfectly. It's like he's never had a bad hair day in his life. I could just stare at him for hours.

"Obito." Rin whispered to me.

"What?" I whispered back, looking over at her.

"Training is going to start soon. You should probably stop staring at Kakashi before he notices. He's already suspicious of you because you got here early." Rin continued to whisper, puting her hand on my shoulder.

"I just wanted to see him." I whispered back.

"I know." She whispers.

Kakashi gave us a weird look and then Minato-Sensei started talking about how we're going to be sparing today.

Kakashi's p.o.v

What are they whispering about? How come he's always paying attention to her. Wait, why do I care? They're both annoying and just in my way, right?

"Everyone got it?" Minato-Sensei said.

"Yes." We all said together.

"Okay, Obito, Kakashi, you're up first." Minato-Sensei said.

We walked up and got in our positions. Minato-Sensei signaled for us to start and Obito tried to punch me but I dodged it. I swept his feet out from under him and he grabbed the front of my shirt to drag me down with him.

He fliped us so that my back was on the ground and he was on top of me. I felt the tips of my ears and my face get warm. I pushed him off and kicked him back.

He used a kunai to stop himself and then came and kicked me back. We went back amd forth getting hits on each other until I finally knocked him out from under his feet, again, and held a kunai to his throat.

"Good job you two." Minato-Sensei said.

"Thanks!" Obito said.

"Hmm." I hummed.

After training ended Rin came running up to me and tapped my shoulder. I turned and she was standing there with her hands behind her back.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Do you want to get lunch with me?" She asked.

"Sur-" I was about to say 'sure' when she added something else.

"Obito is also coming." She said.

"Oh. Um, well, sorry I'm actually busy today. Maybe next time?" I said and then walked away.

Obito's p.o.v

Rin broke the news to me that day. This kept happening for 3 whole weeks before I decided to confront him.

He was walking away and I called his name. He turned and he seemed to get slightly more nervous when I walked up to him.

"Hey.." He said.

"Hey." I said.

"What'cha need?" He asked.

"I want to know why you're avoiding me." I said.

"What?" He asked. "Avoiding you? Why would I be avoiding you? That's crazy."

"Because everytime Rin asks you to go to lunch with her you're down, until you find out I'm going." I said.

"And?" He asked.

"Are you interested in Rin?" I asked.

"Like romantically?" He questioned.

"Yes." I said.

"What? No." He said.

"Then why do you do that?" I asked him.

"I don't want to tell you. You're just going to tell me it's stupid." Kakashi said.

"What? No I won't." I told him.

"Fine." He said. "I think I'm in love with you and I'm terrified."

"What? Why?" I asked.

"I'm 14, okay? I've had a boyfriend before and that didn't end so well." Kakashi said.

"Tenzo." I said, remembering how Kakashi would tell Kurenai how he was both mentally and sometimes physically abusive. Then Kurenai told Rin and Rin told me because she thought maybe we could help.

"How do you know? But yeah.." He said.

"Kurenai." I said.

"Of course." Kakashi said.

"But... what makes you think I would be like that?" He asked.

"I don't!" He said. "But it's still scary."

I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him and he leaned his head on my shoulder.

"I promise I would never do anything like that to you. You're safe as long as you're with me." I said.

"How can you be so sure." He said, starting to sniffle like he was gonna start crying.

"Because I waited 8 years for you." I whispered to him.

"You've wanted me since you were 8?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"Wow, okay." He said.

I chuckled and tightened my hold on him.
____________________________
Hello my Gays, Straights, and whatever else you guys are,

❤︎Word count: 745 words

❤︎Valen_Pine