Popular x social outcast (part 4)

Kakashi's p.o.v

We've been working on our project both in class and after school. Some days we even skip lunch to hang out in the library. Not even working, just hanging out regularly.

I know Tenzo would get angry if he found out, but I've just been saying we've been working really hard on this project. Obito has a volleyball game coming up, and he's been telling how he's sure they're gonna lose for the last almost ten minutes.

"Obito! You'll do great!" I said, cutting him off from rambling more.

"What if we don't do great? If we don't win this we'll never get to go to championships." Obito said.

"I'm sure you'll win. You guys put in so much effort, and you're amazing. Don't sweat it." I said, trying to comfort him.

"Thanks. I can't even talk about this with Stacy. She's always way too busy texting her friends to give me any sort of comfort. Don't get me wrong, she's amazing, I just wish she payed more attention to our relationship." Obito said, sighing.

"I know how you feel." I said.

"Yeah? How is your relationship with Tenzo going?" Obito asked.

"Oh! Um, it's good." I said.

"Good." Obito said.

We sat there for a while longer, just enjoying each other's company. I really didn't want to talk any more about Tenzo. I had to change the subject before he asked more questions.

"So-" We both said at the same time.

"You go first." I said.

"Okay. I was just going to ask what happened that day you came to class late. You're never late." Obito said.

"Oh. I just lost track of time. I was in the bathroom." I said quickly.

"Are you sure?" Obito asked.

"Yeah! I'm good." I said.

"Okay. What were you gonna say?" He asked, looking over at me.

"I was gonna ask if you knew if Stacy would be going to your game?" I asked.

"No. She never comes to the games. To be honest, she hates volleyball. She thinks it's boring." Obito said.

"God, why are you dating her? You guys are so different." I said.

"I don't know. I dated her at first because she was nice to me, but everyone was. I'm the popular kid, so I don't expect someone to actually like me. They'll only want me for my popularity anyway." Obito explained.

"I'm sorry, that really sucks." I said.

"Thanks." Obito said.

----Timeskip: some time later that night at Obito's volleyball game----

Obito's p.o.v

We did it. We actually won. We're going to championships. God, this is unbelievable. I could cry.

"We did it dude!" One of my teammates yelled happily.

"I know!" I said back.

I looked up at the stands and my eyes wandered around, looking for Kakashi. I knew he would be here. He said he would be here. I wanna tell him about how I feel. Maybe he'll break up with Tenzo for me.

I saw him and immediately my smile got wider. I can't wait to tell him. We celebrated with the team for a second and then I excused myself for a minute. I ran out of the gym and lots of people were congratulating me on the win. I thanked them all.

There was only one person's words I really cared about. These other people telling me I did amazing meant nothing. Nothing compared to if he would tell me I did a good job. I want him so bad.

I saw his hair and immediately went towards him. I moved people out of my way lightly and when I saw him I couldn't resist my urge and I just hugged him right there. He didn't seem too upset as he hugged me back.

"You did amazing." He said.

My heart skipped a beat. "Thank you." I said.

Kakashi pulled back and I could see there was something he wanted to say. I had to say mine first though.

"I know you have something to say, but I need to say mine first." I said.

"Okay." He nodded.

I took a deep breath. "Kakashi, I love you. I know it might come as a suprise, and I don't care that I'm dating Stacy and you're dating Tenzo. He's not right for you. I'm sure I could treat you so much better than however he is. I just need a chance. I've loved you since 7th grade, please, give me a chance." I said, spilling all of how I felt.

"Obito... I..." he trailed off.

"I'm sorry if I just ruined our friendship, but I had to tell-"

"I love you too." He said, before pulling me in by my shirt to kiss me.

I was suprised at first, but kissed him back anyway. I wrapped my arms around his waist. He gripped my shirt more and pulled it, bringing me closer.

I was in pure bliss. It felt so good to finally have him. I loved him more than anyone else I've ever liked.

"Obito!! What the fuck!?"
______________________
Hello my Gays, Straights, and whatever else you guys are,

SORRY THIS TOOK LONGER THAN EXPECTED! I had a busy day😅

Hope you guys enjoyed, remember to drink water, eat something, stay safe, and try to have a good day/night <3

I love you all xx

Goodbye, merry christmas❄️🤍✨🎅

❤︎Word count: 901 words

❤︎Valen_Pine