Testify part 2

Obito's p.o.v

I was sitting on the floor with Luka right now. She was almost six months old. She reached up and grabbed my hair, yanking down on it.

"Ouch! No. Bad." I told her, pulling her hand away.

I heard a laugh behind me. I would know that laugh anywhere. Only because I hear it so often now, though! I don't like the laugh. Totally not.

Kakashi appeared next to me and Luka immediately started trying to get over to Kakashi. I pouted but handed her over.

"Traitor." I said.

Kakashi laughed at me and started playing with Luka.

I stared at Kakashi. We agreed to sleep in the same room until we can stop having to have a baby monitor for her. We don't want to break up. For her!--of course!

I miss sleeping in the same bed as him and being able to touch him. The way he would snuggle up to me when he gets cold or wants attention. Or how he just slept in one of my shirts.

Wait, no--I take that back. I don't miss any of that. I'm not in love with him, of course. I'm just using him... right?

"Rin wants to know if she can take Luka for the day." Kakashi said, looking over at me with those beautiful eyes of his.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, sure. I don't care if you don't care." I told him.

"Can you give a real opinion for once?" He asked, glaring at me.

"What? That is a real opinion." I said.

"Whatever." Kakashi rolled his eyes and took Luka away with him when he went to call Rin.

I watched as he walked away. This was going to be a long day.

•••

I walked into the living room, seeing Kakashi picking up Luka's toys. I walked over and decided I wanted to try and get on his good side. I wrapped my arms around his waist from behind.

"What have I told you about touching me?" He said

"I wanna know why you're mad at me, my love." I said.

Okay, maybe I'm a little in love with him after all.

"Because you don't give a shit! About anyone or anything! Ever." Kakashi said.

I let go of his waist and spun him around to face me. Once he was facing me, I put my hands on his hips.

"Baby-"

"How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that?!" He said, glaring.

"Kakashi, I do give a shit!"

"Not for me you obviously don't!"

"What are you talking about?"

"Do I really need to say?" He asks with a laugh.

I could see the tears pooling up in his eyes. He really did care.

"Kakashi." I said his name as I wiped any stray tears away.

He looked away from me.

"Please, babe."

"Do you know how exhausting it is to love someone who doesn't love you back?" He asked. "I can't do this anymore."