Year

Yukishows this one's for you🫶🏻

Kakashi's p.o.v

A year. That's how long it's been. A year since the incident, a year since I'd started going to therapy.

I thought it was funny, the way Minato and Kushina threw me into therapy the day after the incident. They were so scrambled, and I remember Kushina's face when I woke up in the hospital that morning.

I remember being told I was going to therapy, but I wasn't told why. I remember the room. It was bland at first to me. I examined every inch before he walked in. A male therapist. Good choice on their part.

He talked slowly and he seemed careful of what he said. He looked at the door or the clock every few minutes. To be fair, I did the same. He seemed antsy, but maybe he was just copying my actions.

I remember when I got out the first day and Rin was there. I remember when that happened the second day, and the third, and the fourth, and the fifth, and the sixth, and the seventh, and the eighth, and every day afterwards. Until she didn't.

I remember the first day she didn't. I had an extra long session that day. I visited the morgue that day. I went to a funeral the next week. Her funeral.

I don't know who let me go on that mission or why. That day is so hazy. Every day for a few weeks after that day is hazy.

I only remember being snapped out of my haze because I found out Kushina was pregnant. I was put on duty by Minato to protect her; to make sure her and the baby would be okay at all times.

I don't remember when I stopped going to therapy. Maybe it was when I convinced Minato I was fine and started talking to people more. Maybe it was shortly before the visions started.

I don't remember when they started exactly. I just remember I was hanging out with a few friends. Not close friends. I hadn't had close friends in awhile.

Maybe it was when I swear I saw her. Rin walked right past me. I swear. I heard her say my name. I saw her out of the corner of my eye. Yet, when I looked back, she was gone.

I don't remember when I started going to trauma counselling. I think it was when I told Minato and Kushina about my seeing Rin. I think so; I'll never be fully sure.

I don't remember much now, if that hasn't been obvious. Minato says it's a trauma response. The counsellor agrees with him. What trauma?

Kushina says I'll regain my memories soon. She says my mind is blocking them out right now. She says it's to protect me. When did I meet her?

My friends say it'll be okay. They said it will take time. Everyone says it will take time. They're being patient with me. When did I start hanging out with them?

Minato became the hokage. I only remember bits and pieces of that day. Kushina hit four months. I remember nothing of that day. My birthday is coming up in a few months. How old will I be again?

Minato says he's worried. What is there to be worried about? Kushina asks me if I'm okay. Why wouldn't I be? People ask me if I'm over it. Over what?

I see pictures. Me, and two other kids. Obito. Rin. I barely remember them. Just that we were friends at one point. At least, I think. That's what everyone tells me.

Kushina's due date is coming up in October. Hopefully I'll remember that day, if nothing else.
________________________
Hello my Gays, Straights, and whatever else you guys are,

I hope you enjoyed ;)

Yukishows i made everyone suffer just for you <3 (if you don't remember why, check my message board🤭)

I have so many missing assignments. And midterms are next week. I'm gonna fail, yayyy...

Remember to drink water, eat something, stay safe, and try to have a good day/night

I love you all, bye bye !!!

❤︎Word count: 698 words

❤︎Valen_Pine