//Introduction//

A/N: I'm going to write this in 1st person. I'm female and use (she/her) pronouns so I'll be using those in this story, but do feel free to change anything for yourself if necessary. I hope you enjoy this story!!
WARNINGS: Violence throughout whole story (as this is based off a horror movie), so this story will contain sensitive topics in general. Please beware of this. I will try and add warning in where ever I can!
This story contains smut. Please feel free to skip certain parts if you aren't comfortable with reading them.

•••

My name is y/n Dubois. I'm American, actually half American.. my last name is pronounced 'Du-bwah' .. it's French, thanks dad (making me half French - I lived there for some of my childhood).

Well, speaking of parents, I guess it's only right to start of by saying they aren't around anymore. I know it's pretty straight up but this world can be a cruel place, and things happen that are out of our control, no matter how heartbreaking and horrific they may be.

My mom and dad were highly successful business people, always out of town on business trips.. they earned a large amount of money which I'm grateful for everyday.

Although they were busy and hardworking people, they managed to find time for me. They brought me up, cared for me, loved me. I would go as far to say that they were the absolute most sweetest people ever!

Then, everything changed. The incident.

My parents were away on one of their usual trips for work, and their plane had unfortunately crashed. With no real explanation as to how this crash occurred, I had to try and move on with my life, which proved as a great challenge for me.

The incident involving my beloved mom and dad took place nearer the end of my Sophomore year in High School. Since then, I've taken a year off school completely to focus on me and my mental health. I mean, every now and then I'd do some work from home to make sure I wasn't fully missing my education, but I never stepped foot in school during my Junior year. In a way, I was relieved I didn't have to go to school.. the people there saw me as an easy target. The bullies pestered me constantly, it was a lot to deal with.

Let's talk about the present day. I'm now 17 years old and it is the year 1996 (it's early September). I've moved away from my old school and old town. Currently, I live in Woodsboro with our good old family friends: the Macher's.

Stu Macher. He's my best friend, and I mean that. We have been since we were born and we've never left each other since then. Well, strictly speaking, we did. Obviously I lived in a different town for a bit of my life (oh and a different country at one point; I was born in America, spent a couple years living in France - my dads side of the family all live in France - and then moved back to America, where I currently live). But no matter how far apart we were, our friendship stayed strong. We would meet up when our parents did, when in America. And while in France, we would send letters back and forth.

The Matcher's didn't adopt me, they just offered to let me live with them. I was so thankful for this, as I didn't particularly want to move to France to live with my auntie. Im glad I'm not adopted by the family, that would make me and Stu step siblings.. and that's just a big no from both parties. As we grew older, me and Stu enjoyed flirting with each other, which is a normal thing. We have that close, flirtatious relationship without actually dating. And that's how we like it.

Enough about Stu (although it is important to note that his parents are also often out of town with work and such - leaving me and Stu with the house to ourselves.. perfect!).
Now, moving on from that topic, going back to the school situation.. This September I'll be starting at Woodsboro High School for my final year (as a senior student) before graduation. I'm excited to start a "new chapter" in life, but also nerves fill my mind and body every day. I'm just glad I have Stu here to support me.

Thoughts rapidly rush through my head at a constant pace.. "who will I meet?" "Will they even like me?" I just need to have some self confidence and I'll be fine I'm sure...

———————————————
Word count: 778
A/N: word count at the end of every chapter