~ Chapter 13 ~

Tuesday, October 1st 1996
7:30am

Beep.. Beep.. Beep..
I awoke to the sound of my alarm indicating that it was time to get up for school. My body was engulfed in a grip of protection; Randy was still holding me tight. I pulled one arm out of his strong embrace, then tapped my alarm to turn it off.

I began to try an wiggle my way out of the hold that Randy currently had me in; he loosened his grip for a brief moment before trapping me again. "Where are you going?" He asked, with a slight groan of inconvenience. "Randy I have to get up for school.. and so do you!" I exclaimed whilst grabbing ahold of his arm and tugging it ever so slightly.

"Y/n, my love.. you don't have to go to school today, you were attacked last night.." he kissed me and rubbed my back in a comforting fashion. "I know that Randy.. but I want to go" I replied. "Right.. well only if you want to, are you sure?" He added while allowing me to stand up. "I'm sure". I disappeared into the bathroom, closing the door behind me.

I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, I looked a bit rough from the previous night. A few bruises had formed all over my body from the attack.. and the other marks that I managed to spot where those on my neck. Those however, were from Randy. I highly suspect his neck looked the same; those marks given to him from myself. I proceeded to observe and inspect my own body. The stitched up cuts were still prominently there as a reminder of the attack; I'm not going to let it bug me too much though, I can't change what's happened.

~ Short Time Skip ~
Woodsboro High School

News vans, reporters, and police officers flooded the premises. It's like deja vu back to when Casey and Steve were murdered a few weeks ago now. Randy and I walked beside each other, hand in hand; I could sense that he was ready to protect me at all costs.

Stu wasn't currently with us, he decided to pick Tatum up this morning. He's been pretty distant since they started dating. But I understand, she's his current priority. Besides, Randy is here to keep me company now. I do miss Stu at times, but I know that it's nothing personal.

As we came closer to the heat of everything, questions were being thrown my way. Cameras were shoved in my face; lights flashing from those cameras; news reporters pushing past each other to reach me while police officer attempted to retain them all back.

"How does it feel to almost get butchered?"

"Did you see who the killer was?"

"How do you feel about the fact that the killer could be someone you know?"

I completely ignored all of the questions, and continued towards the school building. "Hey! Back off would you?!" Randy shouted at a reporter who'd managed to get a bit too close for comfort. I felt a lot safer with Randy with me in the current situation.

Upon entering the building, stares were conjuring around me. Some people looked in sympathy, while others were full of judgement. I kept my head held high, walking with confidence. I'm not allowing other people to drag me down anymore, and that's that.

Randy and I reached my locker. I began to grab the necessary books and such, to prepare myself for the day ahead of me. "Hey y/n? I gotta go to my first class slightly earlier today, are you sure you'll be okay without me?" I turned to Randy as he spoke, "yeh don't worry, Randy, I'll be fine. I'm sure I'll be able to find Sidney or whoever, besides I don't need a bodyguard 24/7 .. although I'm glad it'd be you" I replied with a smile and a laugh. We said our goodbyes as I shut my locker.

I carried on walking through the busy hallway, still receiving glances from most people. I was lost in my own thought until, boom. I completely walked into someone. "Oh shit! I'm sorry!" I looked ahead of me to see Billy. "Hey no worries y/n.." He looked at me in confusion, I assume it's because I just walked into him.. but there seemed to be something more that I was picking up on. ".. Uhh y/n?" I snapped back to reality upon hearing Billy say my name. "Y-yes?". Billy laughed, "you were just zoned out staring at me.. don't worry though, you've probably got a lot on your mind" He sounded surprisingly sympathetic and.. somewhat caring. This is strange but I'm not complaining.